WINNER WONDERLAND

“Enjoyed gredat Pizza” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Juanita Diavola

Juanita Diavola
Ranked #48 of 349 Restaurants in Tulum
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Bar scene, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Late Night, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Los Angeles
“Enjoyed gredat Pizza”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

We say this restaurant while walking to dinner at Poscada Margartia. We left Poscada since they didn't have anything on the menu that my husband would eat (he is picky). We shared the margarita pizza and the spinish ravioli. Both were amazing. I don't remember what my husbnad dt I had the passion fruit margarita (I think it was that...but it was for sure passion fruit) and it was to die for. So so good. The only thing that we had an issue with were the masquitos....way to many...we were getting killed. It was after earlier rain that morning so I am sure that there were more due to the rain. I was still hightly recommend this place.

• Visited June 2013

San Diego, California
“Yummy!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

My partner and I were in Tulum in April 2013...awesome trip!! We went to the Hartwood (for the 2nd time) to try and have dinner. Again the wait was so long, we were so hungry and just didn't think it looked worth the wait. So we started driving and stumbled on a restaurant in front of the CoCo Tulum. I wasn't thrilled with the location, but once the food came we were glad we stopped. We split a pasta dish and a pizza. Both were great, but the pizza was amazing! We agreed we hadn't had pizza that good since we were in Italy. It was wood fire, thin crust and yummy! We will go back when we make it to Tulum again!
The only reason why it got a 4 was the location so close to the road and we were surrounded by smokers : (

• Visited April 2013
San Diego, California
“Italy,,,watch out, you have some competition .....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

I ate here when this place was just making its " soft " opening, so this review is long overdue. I rode my bike down there, I wasn't even staying there at the time. But I have stayed at coco,several times before, and was excited to try their new restaurant! They brought me some pizza crusts as a starter for free, like a substitute bread option...."WOW" I could of eaten at least 3 baskets of them. I was hooked, got to try their pizza! I had a mushroom one, amazing,,,they have lots of choices, calzones, and fresh pastas. Can you amagine getting such great Italian food in mexico? its true. The service, and the quaint atmosphere match the food, incredible. Try this place for all three of your meals. I cant wait to go back..im saving room for dessert next time!

• Visited December 2012
Sydney, Australia
“Not great”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

We stayed at Coco Tulum, where Juanita Diavola is situated, and were looking forward to trying the food but were disappointed. Situated so close to the road is not great, and the plants around make it a haven for mozzies, not pleasant at all.The first waiter spoke not one word of English and we waited for someone who could. We were then told the pizza oven wasn't ready, despite seeing it on, were told it wouldn't be ready until 2:30pm...a bit late for lunch. We then thought we'd order a beer...but no, the "bar" got the wrong licence so in fact they can't serve alcohol until 7pm. We then ordered pasta, which was freshly made and soft, but the sauce had very little flavour. We tried the restaurant another day as it was raining and we didn't want to walk too far so ordered a mozzarella pizza, which was very sparse on the cheese - it's main ingredient. One afternoon I went to get an ice cream - 70 pesos for one scoop of plain vanilla, I don't think so.

• Visited May 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
London
“Good pizza!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

Went there twice during our Tulum stay because they do really good pizzas!
The place looks really nice and you can just walk down to the beach after your meal.
Service is not consistent. It was bad the first time (waited 15 minutes for some water and had the salad 30mn after the pizza) but it was perfect the second time, very quick and efficient.

• Visited March 2013