“No Pizza for You”

Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed February 14, 2013

My husband and I made the humid walk here for lunch on Feb 13, 2013 it was 12:00 pm, a perfectly reasonable time for lunch. We went there because passing by we saw a big wood burning oven and thought we could come back for lunch the next day. When we arrived there was only one other table there. We were told by the waitress that there would be no pizza available as the oven "wasn't ready" we were disappointed but we were already there so we ordered calamari, a fried fish sandwich and a steak sandwich instead. The only good thing about the meal was the ambiance, the place is well designed and has lots of interesting features and iis beautiful which is a shame because the food was bad. The calamari was around 10 bucks American which is high for an app, they were overcooked and the portion was really small, they were sad looking. Moving on, the fish sandwich was just ok, it tasted like a fillet of fish from McDonalds, and I only ate a couple bites of my steak sandwich because I disliked it that much, it was bland, dry, the steak was unseasoned and overcooked, and the sandwich has no spread on it, just avocado slices, steak and grilled onions. Both of the buns on our sandwiches felt to be day old. For 2 sandwiches and some calamari to come with only one other table took an extremely long time. We made the sweaty walk back to our hotel feeling like we just wasted $40 there.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

Juanita Diavola is within a complete chill out natural resort concept, so expect a nice relaxing experience while you have some treat.

My wife and I loved the artisan pizza, the drinks and the music.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

This restaurant is excellent. I didn't actually go somewhere else for eating while staying at the next by hotel Coco Tulum. Breakfast or dinner - both is really good, fresh and first of all most of it is homemade! I like!!!! Nice location with relaxing and enjoyable atmosphere.

Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

I initially wrote a very complimentary review about this place immediately after we visited it for the 1st time in January 2013, when we enjoyed good food and excellent service. Since then I felt compelled to remove my review (something I've never done before). We loved the restaurant so much that we returned a few nights later and we were very disappointed. The food was the same, but the service was terrible and we didn't get the very nice complimentary focaccia bread which we enjoyed on our first visit. We thought this might be due to the fact that they were very full in comparison to the first time we went. So we decided to give it another go when we returned to Tulum 2 weeks later and it was even worse. The food was ok but we had to ask for most drinks twice or three times, we asked for the focaccia bread (and were told it was on its way) but once again it never arrived (neither did an explanation). One of the most important principles of the hospitality industry is consistency and there was none of that across our three visits. A very disappointing experience. I would not go back. Try El Tabarno instead on the same strip.

1  Thank LondonComfortseeker
Reviewed February 7, 2013 via mobile

We rode our bikes out to the tulum ruins, and discovered this place on our way back. We started off with drinks, ginger and cucumber margaritas. They were so good. We then has a pizza and steak sandwich. This place is so cool- outdoor, and open indoor seating with comfortable sofas, with Palm trees growing throw the roof. We went here the next 4 days, and each time the experience was excellent. A l so, wait staff were very friendly every time.