“Incredibly hard to find, but worth the search”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Restaurare

Restaurare
Ranked #15 of 387 Restaurants in Tulum
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, Central American, Fusion, Healthy, South American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Author vegan cuisine, supporting local products and farmers, inspired in permaculture and pursuing sustainable development all served with love in tulum's jungle, few steps from the beach.
Seattle, Washington
“Incredibly hard to find, but worth the search”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013

If the sign out front was as bold as the extraordinary flavors coming from the kitchen in the back, we would have been a lot calmer by the time we arrived at Restaurare. This place was so hard to find in the dark that we were just about to give up when we saw the poorly lit, small marker. Fortunately, the soothing tropical setting and impeccable, personable service from charming Roberto immediately erased the stress of the search. So did the delicious food -- which we were able to order after struggling to read the miniscule type on the menu by tiki torch light (some of us have middle-aged eyes, Restaurare :-))

Based on other reviews, I'm sorry I passed on the juices. However, the mole was complex and luscious and my husband's taco appetizer was fantastic. The memory of that dinner has inspired us to create more vegan meals since we returned home. They're good, but they don't compare to the marvels produced by the chef at Restaurare.

We'll be back -- particularly now that we know where it is.

Stanfordville, New York
“Try the Juice!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

We had a quick lunch here on our last day in Tulum. It's tucked into the trees in such a delightful setting! Everything was wonderful - I had homemade pasta with curry and tofu and my friend had tacos. The best part though, was the watermelon, ginger and peppermint juice. It was one of the most delicious things I have ever tasted! Refreshing doesn't even begin to describe it. And I don't think it's something I could ever recreate. It was such a treat. We finished off with a yummy banana cake.

1 Thank trystran
seattle
“Amazing food!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

We stopped off here during a bike ride down to the beach and had been looking for this place for 3 days before we finally found it and thank god we did! The food was amazing, even my non-vegan boyfriend loved it! The fresh juices are delicious and the food is very reasonably priced. I can't wait to go back again!

1 Thank meaghan w
Boston, MA
“Perfect place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

Food is amazing and not too expensive. Service was absolutely fabulous. Make sure to try one of their juices. The one with papaya and mint blew my mind

1 Thank knutdorker
“Best food in tulum”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

Lets start with the fact I am not vegan! But I loved 2 of their dishes more than any of the other restaurants we went to in tulum. The curry is so delicious and the ginger lemon grass is out of this world! I've never had a dish so flavorful! Te restaurant is just tarting so hopefully soon they will have a better set up because we had trouble finding it, they have no sign. Also the bathrooms are a little blah nothing to them. And there is no place to park! Also they have no high chairs so bring your strollers! And you can't go during rain cause there is no roof! But all of that fades away with the taste of their food! I would recommend to anyone and I can't wait to return!