“Our Food never Arrived then the Owner threatened us with the Police !!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Andreas Tulum Restaurant

Hotel Andreas Tulum Restaurant
Ranked #300 of 384 Restaurants in Tulum
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, Spanish
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff
Description: near the entrance to the ruins at Tulum
Mexico
“Our Food never Arrived then the Owner threatened us with the Police !!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2014

Poor Service ... We ordered food , only people in the restaurant and after 1 hour wait we asked where our food was and was told we never ordered any.

The owner then turned on us when we asked for discount off our drinks for the mistake his staff had made and he told us he was phoning the police and going to charge us triple for our drinks. I cant comment on food as it never arrived however the prices where high, the atmosphere uncomfortable and the service the worst Ive seen in Mexico

Avoid - Bad Service and Bad Vibes !!

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank EliLee1

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“Avoid this restaurant, unless you like to waste your time & money whilst on holiday.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

Stopped in just for a quick bite & refreshment prior to visiting the Tulum Ruins, Sat down ordered a drink all seemed fine, waited 20 minutes for a pre fabricated lime juice & tequila " so called Margarita" served in a 1920's champagne glass, 60 pesos. Finally another waitress decided to come take our order, by this time had to re order drinks, meanwhile a group of young backpackers walk in taking the table next to ours, half way through taking our order, a young man sitting at the table adjacent to ours taps the waitress on the shoulder she then ignores us and commences to take the other tables order instead of completing ours.

My partner a bit miffed politely taps her on the shoulder and asks her to not be so rude and finish taking our order first-before commencing on another table. We waited 1 hour for a sopa de Lima ( lime soup) which undoubtedly came from a box of heated consume meanwhile the other tables food was served first, despite half of the other table patrons were aloud to have backpacked their own food into the establishment and helped them selves to a place to sit and enjoy the food they decided to back pack in with blatant disregard to paying customers.

It was at this point I spat the dummy, and told them if our food was not ready we were leaving, then the gent whom originally tapped the waitress on the shoulder jumped out of his seat ran into the kitchen and about 3 waiters hurriedly started bringing out plates of food one by one. I expressed my dissatisfaction with the mis treatment & lack of hospitality we received asked the gent if he worked there to which he replied not today, yet he pulled his finger out to make sure we all got served post haste and copped an ear bashing from me.

I don't normally write reviews but this is an exception. No where in the world have i encountered people being aloud to bringing their own food to a restaurant and eat it let alone prevent an order being taken by paying customers to avoid having to wait your turn to be served and even if you might be the owner's son, you should know better, that's why it's called hospitality, it's no wonder this restaurant I ranked 131 out of 152. I wish I would had known this before I wasted my time and money.

Shame on you!

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Microalpharomeo
Vancouver, Canada
“Great Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

I stayed here for five nights and it was a perfect place to stop. The rooms are clean ans secure, tv and in room showers. They are no frills but quiet and not to high a cost. Same price as the hostel down the road and ten times the room!
Prices all over between Cancun and Tulum are high because we foolish tourists keep paying it! When I ate here it was no higher than any other place. To get cheap food go where the locals go.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank Cricket78945
Vancouver, Canada
“Nice staff, but super expencive!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2012

Decided to stop for a bite before we headed in for some sight seeing. Looked at the menu and was a little put off but the prices, but thought that maybe the portions were as the price entailed. We were wrong. The nachos we ordered were $15usd, this came with a spoonful of guacamole, spoonful of sour cream, a spoonful of salsa and about 12-16 chips sparely covered in cheese. At home I pay $13cad and its a pile I cant even finish! We also ordered enchiladas, they were equally disappointing in portion. After a $60usd bill, we left still hungry. At least the ruins were very enjoyable.

• Visited January 2012