“Beautiful beach, good food. However . . .”
Review of Playa Paraiso

Ranked #10 of 93 things to do in Tulum
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I don't like spending $200MX on a camastro only to find out after the fact that everything closes around 5:00 or so. They lock the bathrooms and don't tell you anything until you try to go in after 5:00. The restaurant closes around 5:00 - 5:30. I will definitely warn all of my American and Canadian friends that they don't disclose this information when you pay for the camastros. I believe they don't disclose this information especially later in the afternoons, because they are afraid people won't pay the money. As a good business practice and if you want return customers, the management needs to tell the staff to disclose this information especially when renting the camastros. And no, we are not daytrippers, we live in Playa del Carmen.

4  Thank Alegria W
Write a ReviewReviews (4,155)
All reviews
in 33 reviews
"waves"
in 40 reviews

Reviewed May 8, 2013

We had one hour time on the beach, but it was not worth it. 100 pesos for lounger... not normal. White sand, strong current, high waves. O.K., it is nice place but nothing to do with paradise.

5  Thank Dam-Slo
Reviewed May 7, 2013

This is paradise! The sand is never hot and there isn't a rock or piece of coral in sight. You can play frisbee in the water and never step on a thing. It is a magical beach!

3  Thank suninseattle
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Such a beautiful beach! Well worth the cab ride. My fiance and I went early in the day. It was the off season so the place was empty which was great. We walked all the way down to where it ends towards the ruins. Amazing sand, gorgeous, amazing water. Just breathtaking. Go here if you can! There was a little shower while we were there so we took shelter at one of the little outdoor bar/restaurants and had a couple beers and some guacamole. There are quite a few little places to eat or have drinks on the beach. No one bothered us. A couple asked us once if we wanted to do a scuba tour with them since they needed another couple to go but no one tried to sell us anything. It was probably one of my best days in Tulum.
I was sad to leave but we had to make it back to the resort to shower and go to the wedding we were there for.
I would totally have my wedding on this beach if we hadn't just been to a tulum wedding.
Don't miss out! Go here!