“a MUST DO in Tulum!”

and up
Group Kiteboarding Lesson in Tulum
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: KITE & SUP School • Paddleboarding TOURS to cenotes, lagoons and bays • All in beautiful Tulum Mexico "A day in the water is a good day"
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I booked a paddle surfing/snorkeling tour for my girlfriend and myself with Mauricio while staying in Tulum. We went out to a cenote which was very close by. The water was super clear which made the snorkeling conditions perfect. We paddled our way through the cenote which was covered on all sides by mangroves. We would hop off the boards and snorkel underneath the mangroves and pop out several meters away in open pockets to catch our breath in order to keep making our way deeper and deeper into the cenote. Mauricio was very knowledgeable about the area and always watched out for us while we were snorkeling. He took several pictures which was a great way to capture the trip. Afterwards he took us to a local restaurant in which we devoured several tacos...which was probably the best meal we had while in Mexico...and the most authentic. I highly recommend booking with Maurico and Mexican Caribbean Kitesurf if you are looking for something to do while in Tulum.

MauricioRo, Propietario at Mexican Caribbean Kitesurf & Paddlesurf, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Thank you very much for this great review. You make a great couple, you look like two profesional athletes, and it was very easy for me to show you around since you are very fit.
If you ever come back to Tulum, please send me an email so we can go for some other tacos.
I send you a big hug and best regards.

All reviews
in 8 reviews
"local cenotes"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed August 17, 2013

My girlfriend booked a kite surfing lesson with Mauricio while we were staying at Ahau last may for my birthday. It was amazing!! Mauricio was an excellent teacher, he was very knowledgable and explained the concepts of the sport in a way that was easily understandable. We did some kite control work on the beach and it wasn't long before I was in the water practing kite control while body dragging. We practiced until sun down and I eagerly booked another lesson for the following day, our last day in Tulum. Unfortunately wind conditions were not ideal for kite surfing and we did not have a second lesson. Mauricio was honest about the wind conditions and did not try to sell me on the lesson. We took this opportunity to take out the paddle boards instead! All in all I had an amazing experience and can't wait to go back for another lesson!

Thank you very much for this great review!!! It was great meting you and congratulations because you are a great couple with your girlfriend and you two have a great attitude.
If you ever come back, please send me an email so we can go for some tacos or a beer togheter.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

We met Mauricio while staying at Ahau Tulum and booked a kitesurfing lesson with him. We were really happy with the experience - he is very knowledgeable and patient and an excellent teacher. We also went paddle boarding and snorkeling with him at Casa Cenote. He took pics with his underwater camera and took us to see sabalos (large fish) and underwater passages through the mangrove. He organized everything, including a stop at a delicious street-side restaurant on the way back. He is the friendliest guide you could wish for. Highly recommended!

MauricioRo, Propietario at Mexican Caribbean Kitesurf & Paddlesurf, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

Thank you very much for this great oppinion and thank you very much for doing kitesurfing and paddleboarding with me, this are two of my favorite things to do and I love to share them with great people like you.
If you ever come back, please send me an email so we can go to do some more kitesurfing or paddleboarding.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

My boyfriend and I had a great time with Mauricio--we wanted to do a variety of activities (including paddle boarding and cenote snorkeling) and we were very happy our experience with him and loved each place he showed us. He had an underwater camera and captured lots of great moments for us. Not just that, after each of our excursions, he took us to check out great local food spots, which was a big bonus!

Highly recommend this company as it was of great value and a thoroughly enjoyable, no-headache experience through and through.

MauricioRo, Propietario at Mexican Caribbean Kitesurf & Paddlesurf, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2013

Thank you very much for this great review. I enjoy a lot taking people like you to the cenote because you have a super positive attitude.
If you ever come back to Tulum, please send me an email because we have many other activities you may like.

See more reviews
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I had a great experience with Mauricio while staying at Ahau Tulum (incredible hotel). I booked a Cenote tour with Mexican Caribbean Kitesurf at the hotel reception, and met Mauricio prior to the excursion. We talked about activities I might like, and we decided on a stand-up paddle board lesson in the cenote, as well as snorkelling in the cenote and bordering mangroves.

It was all great and then he took me for the best tacos I have ever eaten!

I would do it again in a heart beat.

MauricioRo, Propietario at Mexican Caribbean Kitesurf & Paddlesurf, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Thank you very much for this great review !!! It is great to meet people as positive as you are. I hope to see you again some day in Tulum. If you come back, please send me an email. Best regards.