“Put This On You Bucket List: Mexican Caribbean Kitesurf Is Fantastic”

Mexican Caribbean Kitesurf & Paddlesurf
Book In Advance
More Info
$165.00*
and up
Group Kiteboarding Lesson in Tulum
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: KITE & SUP School • Paddleboarding TOURS to cenotes, lagoons and bays • All in beautiful Tulum Mexico "A day in the water is a good day"
Reviewed May 15, 2013

This school was one of the most relaxing and fun things I have ever done. I got in about 6:00 pm to the hotel that Mauricio recommended, Ahau Tulum (If you stay anywhere else you're making a mistake), and met Mauricio almost immediately. He's really friendly, and makes you feel like an old friend almost immediately. We met up the next day, and I was really impressed with how he stressed all the safety issues before he started teaching the course, which took away any apprehension I had about kite boarding being anything but fun, as long as you understood all the safety features built into the equipment. Then the real fun started. Mauricio is seriously one of the best teachers I've ever had. His explanation were always simple, and he was always patient. It seemed a lot easier than I thought it would be, but mostly because Mauricio made it easy. I'm 52 Years old and it was well within my comfort zone for physical activity, so don't let not being a fitness fanatic or a teenager stop you from trying this. Don't forget to do a Cenote paddle board and snorkeling tour with Mauricio during your down time. The Cenotes are beautiful, and he ends it with a trip to what he describes as "the best tacos in Mexico, at a locals taco hut", and after trying them I've concluded they may be the best tacos in the world.

I can't fully convey you how great this experience is, but just to tell you that if you don't try this in Tulum at Mexican Caribbean Kitesurf, and you don't get Mauricio as your instructor, you're missing one of the great experiences of your life.

Thanks Mauricio and your beautiful girl Rocio for a truly great trip.

MauricioRo, Propietario at Mexican Caribbean Kitesurf & Paddlesurf, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2013

Thank you very much for this great review. It was great meting and teaching a person as interesting as you are. I enjoy a lot talking to a pilot about the aerodinamic of the kites and about everything. Thank you very much for coming with me to eat to almost all my favorites places in Tulum. It was very easy for me to teach you because you had all the skills and the actitude and I hope you come back to Tulum so we can do a down wind kitesurf trip togheter. Let me know when you are coming back to Tulum. Best regards and see you soon in the water.

All reviews
in 8 reviews
"local cenotes"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed May 13, 2013

I had a kitesurfing refresher course with Mauricio, and he was a fantastic teacher - the perfect combination of careful and safety conscious, whilst also being fun, enthusiastic and very motivating! He really helped me to remember all the things I had learnt before and also some great new tips for next time! Although I didnt have a chance to visit the cenotes or go paddle boarding as he offered, I wouldnt hesitate to do one of these tours or have more classes with him again, and I would definitely recommend him to anyone looking for a first-class instructor. He was also very hospitable taking me out after a full day of kiting with his lovely girlfriend Rocio to the best fish restaurant in town!

MauricioRo, Propietario at Mexican Caribbean Kitesurf & Paddlesurf, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

Thank you very much for this great review. It was great teaching you and spend the day with you. I am glad you liked the restaurant we went because is one of my favorites.
I hope we have some more wind before the season end so you and your boyfriend can come back to Tulum. See you soon and best regards.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

My friends and I were in Tulum for a wedding, but wanted to incorporate a little sightseeing and adventure into our trip. We are so happy to have found Mauricio who showed us the most amazing time, from teaching us how to SUP to snorkeling in the cenote to swimming in the mangroves to eating at a delectable local parilla. I recommend Mauricio and all of his tours without reservation! Can't wait to return to Ahau Tulum and for another adventure with Mexican Carribean Kitesurf!

Thank you very much for this great review. I enjoy a lot taking you to this paddlesurf cenote adventure and I hope you come back so I can show you a lit it bit more of the Mexican Caribbean beauty. I am glad you liked the grill chiken and ribs, they are one of my favorites. See you soon.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

As you can tell from every other review of this company, there aren't enough great adjectives to describe the experience that my friends and I had on our Paddle Boarding/snorkeling adventure with Mauricio.
Professional yet friendly from the very start, he easily managed to coerce our slightly green & nervous group of city girls to paddling through the cenotes, attempting water yoga and diving under exotic mangroves while coming face to face with the beautiful sea life of the area.
Mauricio also took us to his favorite taco joint in town - and literally, for some chics who consider themselves taco connoisseurs, we all are still talking about them being the best we've ever had!
All in all, I'll recommend this experience to anyone and everyone who visits the area. It is an experience that is absolutely not to miss!

MauricioRo, Propietario at Mexican Caribbean Kitesurf & Paddlesurf, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Thank you so much for this great review. You were such a great and funny group to be,around with. We have so much beauty in México and I love to share this beauty with great people like you.
I hope you come back so I can show you some more of this beautifull country. I also have another taco place that you will looooooooooove...

See more reviews
Reviewed May 6, 2013

While in Tulum for a bachelorette party, we ladies had the pleasure of meeting Mauricio and spending a day with him exploring the local Cenotes. It is an understatement to say it was the best day of our trip! Not only was he beyond patient teaching six boisterous ladies the basics of SUP, he was an amazing and knowledgeable guide. Thanks to Mauricio's photography skills, we have go-pro pics that document our fantastic experience.

Icing on the cake - he introduced us to the best tacos in Tulum!

If you want to explore a beautiful place with a wonderful guide, Mexican Caribbean Kitesurf shouldn't be missed!!!

Thanks again Mauricio and Rocio, let me know when your budding company needs a staff naturalist as I'd join your team in a heartbeat!!!

1  Thank Breenotlikechz
MauricioRo, Propietario at Mexican Caribbean Kitesurf & Paddlesurf, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2013

Thank you so much for this great oppinion. I enjoy a lot taking you 6 girls to the cenotes and to the tacos. You were a lot of fun. You have all the skills to be a great guide so, why not once the bussiness grow I will send you an email so you can come and join the Mexican Caribbean Kitesurf family. I admire your work as a biologist and this make my day even more interesting. Take care and hope to see you soon.