“Amazing kite surf school @ Tulum, Mayan Riviera Mexico with a patient and very well skilled instructor”

Mexican Caribbean Kitesurf & Paddlesurf
Private Kiteboarding Lesson in Tulum
Ranked #3 of 102 Tours in Tulum
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: KITE & SUP School • Paddleboarding TOURS to cenotes, lagoons and bays • All in beautiful Tulum Mexico "A day in the water is a good day"
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Hi there, I visited Ahau Tulum last week and meanwhile decided to take on kite surfing. Luckily there was an instructor teaching just in front of our hotel. Mauricio at Mexican Caribbean Kite Surf was an amazing coach. Very patient and makes you feel very comfortable with kite surfing, especially when you are an absolute beginner like me. I didn't feel fear at any point. He also teaches in real life conditions (i.e. the kite surf is not a smaller beginners one but the normal one). I noticed that other instructors teach with a really small one at first. It might seem easier but it means that people are not ready for real kite surf circumstances and control.
Mauricio was also very generous with the time and the lessons took longer than what he actually charges you for, which is great.
Lastly he took us also the the Cenote Enchante which was a great experience as well as gave me a free taster of paddle surfing on my last day when the wind was not strong enough to take the kite out. He has lived internationally and his English is great too.
If you happen to be at Tulum, don't go to any other school. I promise you, you won't regret it :).

MauricioRo, Owner at Mexican Caribbean Kitesurf & Paddlesurf, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Thank you so much for your time and for such a great review. It was really nice meeting you and having the chance to teach you kitesurfing. As you said, kitesurfing is about fun and rush but also about safety and control. What you said is exactly what I like my students feel.

I love kitesurfing, paddleboarding, and cenote exploring so it was great sharing all my passions with you.

Hope you keep kiting back in UK and next time we can all kite together in Tulum.

Thanks again and enjoy your next kite lessons.

There are newer reviews for Mexican Caribbean Kitesurf & Paddlesurf

Reviewed April 7, 2013

Wow !! Where to start?

Mauricio the guide and owner of Mexican Caribbean Kitesurf, is a fantastic person who gives all to his customers. You get the feeling of getting a new friend for life that wants to do all he can for you to make your experience and day perfect!

And everything we experienced with Mauricio was perfect!

He is always happy, even after staying in the water for 4 hours at the coldest day people can remember on a kite surfing beach north of Cancun, nothing is a problem for him, he is patient and a god teacher = in 4 hours he got us ( 3 persons ) to kitesurf for the first time in our life's, amazing feeling!! He is a very friendly and kind person with a god heart, well educated and fun to be around.

We connected with Mauricio the guide and runner of Mexican Caribbean Kitesurf when we stayed at Ahau Tulum.

We started our first experience with Mauricio early on morning with paddelboarding in a beautiful cenote ( Casa cenote ) and the mangrove surroundings with very exiting and challenging snorkeling underneath the mangrove treesroots. Amazing nature and the 3 of us doing the diving/snorkeling in the mangroves got a good portion of nice adrenaline, the one person that did not do the snorkeling enjoyed all the beautiful birdlife and looked at the fishes like a aquarium from the top of the paddelboard. Just fantastic! When the paddelboarding and snorkeling was done Mauricio took us to the best fruit shake/icecream place in Tulum, Cafe Licuados!
During the day he took cool pictures of the family that we got later to our computer back at Ahau Tulum.
Mauricio picked a perfect wind day for us to learn kitesurfing at a beach north of Cancun. And as written before he got us all up un the board kiting!! What a feeling!!

We highly recommend Mexican Caribbean Kitesurf to everyone!!

Hello guys!!

That was an amazing review. Thank you so much for such words of trust, kindness and friendship.

When we decided to change our lives and start a business in kiteboarding and paddle surfing it was for this relationship we are able to create with our students. We love what we do, so that makes easy to share our passion with people, even more if that people is such a wonderful family as you are guys, so easy to spend time and become friends with.

The most important thing for us was giving you a perfect service and that you ended 100% satisfied. We are really happy you had a great time in Tulum with us, because we did it too.
We hope you continue kiting and paddleboarding & we also hope to see you again sometime maybe in Mexico maybe in Sweden.

Our best wishes .

Reviewed April 4, 2013

Mauricio was a fantastic kite surf instructor, we learned a lot and had a huge amount of fun in the process. Mauricio is one of the most fun, genuine, talented and passionate people I've met. He puts everything into his lessons and makes sure everyone has a good time while learning things safely.

We had a few days where the wind was not great, but Mauricio came to the rescue and one day took us to a beautiful Cenote and another day let us try some paddle boarding.

He is also an amazing source of local knowledge and gave us a lot of tips for places to visit and things to try out while we were not kite surfing.

We'll be back, thank you Maurico and Rocio.

MauricioRo, Owner at Mexican Caribbean Kitesurf & Paddlesurf, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2013

Thank you so much Andy for such a great review. I really had a lot of fun teaching you guys.
Hope to see you again in Tulum to do some more kiteboarding, paddlesurfing and to go for some delicious Mexican tacos in between.
Thanks again for taking the time to review us, it's very important for us your complete satisfaction.
Keep kiting and See you soon.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

My family connected with Mauricio while staying at Ahau Tulum. The highlights of our week's trip were thanks to Mauricio! My husband and 14 yr old son mastered stand up paddle boarding on a very blustery day, with large rolling ocean waves under Mauricio's guidance. He then took our family of 4 to Casa Cenote early one morning for an incredible SUPaddle trip thru a beautiful cenote, which included snorkeling and diving thru mangrove marshes! He not only took care of every detail, including photographing and sending a dozen images to us, we finished the morning at an awesome local juice/ice cream place in town. Not only is Mauricio a blast to hang out with but he is 100% professional in his attention to detail. HIGHLY recommend!!

MauricioRo, Propietario at Mexican Caribbean Kitesurf & Paddlesurf, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Thank you so much for such an amazing review and for taking the time to write it down. For us It's really important your opinion. Satisfaction of our clients make us to want to improve and take care of every single detail even more.
It was really nice meeting you and your wonderful family and spend time with you guys.
Thank you so much for your great pictures.
Hope to see you soon in Tulum.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

When I went to Mexico with my family this past spring break, we went kite surfing, paddle boarding, and snorkeling with Mauricio. He is a great teacher, and I really enjoyed my time with him. Mauricio is a patient, kind, and very encouraging teacher. When I was paddle boarding, I had told him that I was interested in surfing as well. Even though surfing was not part of his program, he taught me a few things, and helped my try to ride a few waves. I highly recommend him as a teacher, guide and friend.

I've been surfing most of my life and I do love it as much as kitesurfing, so sharing my passion with nice people like you guys is the best part of my job.
I´m really glad you and your family enjoy the paddleboarding experience in Tulum.
Thank you so much for such an amazing review.
Hope to see you soon.