“Cenote Dives w/ Gosia”
Review of Tulum Scuba

Tulum Scuba
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a couple of dive instructors passionate about diving and cave diving and we are here to share our knowledge and experience with those who are interested in challenging themselves and discovering new things.we offer cavern and ocean tours, dive packages and courses from open water to divemaster, in addition to technical and overhead environment.
Los Angeles, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Cenote Dives w/ Gosia”
Reviewed April 22, 2014

On Saturday, March 29, 2014 Gosia took me on three different dives at two different cenotes.

We started at the Xibalba dive center and hotel at 8am and drove to the Carwash cenote then Dos Ojos. Bring pesos for your instructor/guide and for entry to the cenotes themselves. On average, each cenote entry for SCUBA divers is $150MXP and it $50MXP for snorkeling.

Carwash Cenote: We entered the water roughly around 9:30am. My girlfriend (whom doesn't dive) was able to snorkel there and had plenty of fun during our (Gosia and myself) dive that lasted around 45 minutes at a max depth of around 50 feet. Here you enter the fresh water pond and work your way down to the "Stop" sign at the end of the cavern dive. Gosia reels out a line that you follow as she ties it off. Once you reach the "Stop" sign you turn around and lead while Gosia trails and reels up the line behind you.

Dos Ojos Cenote: After Carwash we drove to Dos Ojos where Gosia explained the cavern system. The 'first eye' was our first dive here and the max depth was somewhere around 45 feet. Once you're in the cavern system it is pretty dark, so bring some high-powered lights. Dos Ojos was quite incredible and definitely the coolest experience of my life. We then had a lunch at the nearby eatery in the Dos Ojos camp. After lunch, our last dive was through the 'bat cave' which was about 50 minutes at a shallow max depth of 30 feet. This was the best dive of the day for me personally. You will want to have solid buoyancy control to do all of these dives as it can get kind of tight from time to time. My girlfriend was able to snorkel all over Dos Ojos and had a blast.

Gosia rocks! I highly recommend reaching out to her for any and all cenote dives, especially around the Tulum area as she knows them all very well. She's also great at giving a history on each cenote. I only wish I had more time to dive more on our trip. We will be back. Gosia's email: tulumscuba@gmail.com.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Wesley B

• Polish first
Bergen, Norway
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Really worth it and highly recommended. Looking forward to meet Gosia again:)”
Reviewed April 17, 2014

We spent a few days with Gosia for diving in the cenotes. She is absolutely an amazing person, well organized and knowledgeable. She showed us a many wonderful cenotes and brought to the small restaurants to try local food, it was a real pleasure. As a non diver person I could accompany my husband in his underwater conquests without any problems:) If you are looking for professionalism and you appreciate the comfort and convenience of diving in a small groups do not hesitate to contact the Scuba Tulum. Really worth it and highly recommended. Looking forward to meet Gosia again:)

Visited March 2014
2 Thank mag_mak
Providence, Rhode Island
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Accommodating and knowledgable”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

I really enjoyed learning about the area and Cenotes from both Jeff and Gosia. They are both patient, friendly and accommodating. It's nice to be a part of their diving family.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Ellie B
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“gosia!”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Gosia will answer your emails QUICKLY and thoroughly. She is SUPER professional and kind. We had a lovely day with her in the cenotes. I had to complete my final two open water dives for my PADI certification and she was beyond great. If you want a NOT expensive wonderful dive experience, go with Gosia. I checked with the other dive centers who wanted to charge me twice what Gosia was charging. I really hope that Gosia makes your dive experience as fun as she made ours.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank MeghanRoonie
Hong Kong, China
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Terrific dive guide!”
Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

We booked with Jeff on a very short notice and he accommodated us. We are 2 advanced open water divers from Singapore and had dived in Dos Ojos earlier. Jeff brought us to Gran and Calavera cenotes which were fantastic. What made our experience so special was his passion and enthusiasm - his knowledge of the cenote system here is impressive. We could tell he was very experienced in caverns and felt safe with him. Definitely recommend Tulum Scuba and Jeff for anyone looking to dive the caverns or caves here

Visited August 2013