Amansala Eco-Chic Resort + Retreat
Diamante K(Tulum)(Great Value!)
$170
$127
  • Beachfront
All reviewsbikini boot campbikini bootcampcircuit trainingfitness classesdance classesbike rideshealthy foodlife changingeat healthyamazing yogayoga instructorspa treatmentsfour seasonsinteresting peoplea great weekbeautiful beachmayan ruins
A TripAdvisor Member
san francisco
Reviewed May 13, 2006

My boyfriend and I just came back from staying at Amansala for 3 nights. The beach was amazing. the location is unbeatable and everyone was very friendly and welcoming. The food was pretty good but the prices weren't written anywhere and the bill total changed daily for breakfast even though we ordered the same thing everyday. All in all it was perfect. We had the best time there. The one draw back was the price. I was looking forward to yoga classes as this is a big selling point. I had expressed interest in yoga while we were in the process of reserving a room and no one ever mentioned that there would be no classes or activities of any kind the week that we were there. We had an amazing trip but I felt the lack of information was a little deceptive and would certainly push me to look a little further for accomodations on our next trip. I felt that for the price we should have been offered more.

• Stayed: May 2006
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 6, 2006

i'm writing this review because when i initially looked into amansala, i was scared to go because of all of the negative reviews at this site. while some of the reviews were truthful in some ways, my overall experience at amansala was wonderful.

my room was beautiful and had great colors and decoration. i visited some of the other rooms and they were great as well. the beach was beautiful and mostly quiet. i will admit that part of the time the beach was used for photo shoots, which no one was too happy about. however, i didn't let it bother me and continued to sit on my beach chair in the sun.

the food was pretty good, but make sure that you know what kind of food they serve. it is a lot of fish, veggies, and fruit. the staff is great and they will accommodate most needs. also, they will give you coffee if you ask for it!

i think that the price of amansala is a bit high and you can find less expensive places in tulum. however, my experience at amansala was just what i needed. a quiet and peaceful vacation that allowed me to be healthy and spend time on the beach.

• Stayed: February 2006
1  Thank relliebelle
Reviewed April 29, 2006

I just read the review about having the same food over and over, but I signed up to lose weight so did not mind eating a lot of salad, grilled fish and fresh fruit. The salads were so good I would have been fine to just eat those for each meal!

IThey do not really serve Pina Coladas because they are loaded with fat and are not on the Bikini Boot Camp menu nor is coffee at night...in fact my first trip there they did not have coffee at all but added it for breakfast by popular demand. When someone signs up for the Bikini Boot Camp thing, they should know what they are in for 6 days of exercise, healthy food, workout classes and spending time on a beautiful beach. It is not a military like experience but defintely encourages you to get moving and do more than just hang out on the beach. I lost 3 pounds my first trip and about the same this time.

The rooms are all great. Some of them better than others but it depends when you sign up which one you get. The yoga classes, bike rides, cardio and dance classes were all great. The staff is super sweet and bends over backwards to make you feel welcome. It feels like you are at someones beachhouse.

The beach is incredible and the whole place has a nice vibe to it. I have been 2 tiimes and will definitley be coming back.

• Stayed: April 2006
3  Thank bodhieart
Reviewed April 24, 2006

Having stayed at Amansala in the past I was disappointed in the problems experienced during a recent visit. Some of these issues were corrected during our stay, others weren't.
They were:
1) No coffee or hot water until late in the morning. No coffee or hot water after dinner. No staff to put out breakfast or cook in the morning until almost 8am (late when your yoga class begins at 9).
2) Same food served over and over without variety. Not only was there no variety but the food was poorly cooked.
3) No pina coladas available for the majority of the stay as there was no mix.
4) Meals served consistently late.
The Mexican staff are great, work very hard, and do their best to please guests. Too bad the same can't be said of management.
Great things about Amansala: