Amansala Eco-Chic Resort + Retreat
$309
  • Beachfront
Piedra Escondida(Tulum)
$140
Posada Yum Kin(Tulum)(Great Value!)
$60
$54
$229
$144
$136
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Diamante K(Tulum)(Great Value!)
$189
$141
  • Beachfront
$264
$141
$132
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsbikini boot campbikini bootcampcircuit trainingfitness classesdance classesbike rideshealthy foodlife changingeat healthyamazing yogayoga instructorspa treatmentsfour seasonsinteresting peoplea great weekbeautiful beachmayan ruins
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Best way to enjoy paradise and leave feeling healthy. Most trips people gain weight, but, the delicious meals and intense workouts help you leave losing weight. The majority of our group lost between 2 - 6 pounds in less than one week. Great accomplishment for one week. Be prepared with bug spray though as the mosquitos come out at night. Also, make sure to bring bills lower than $20 as it's hard to pay for things with USD if you only have $20s.

Room Tip: Beach from rooms are cooler. There is no air conditioning. If you sleep with windows open you get a really cool breeze.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Erica R
Reviewed July 26, 2013

This was one of those trips you dream about but put off for another time. I was in desperate need of a break. Lots of personal life stressors were weighing on me, work, the recent passing of my mother, my sister's recently diagnosed cancer. I needed a break. Having few expectations I booked this trip. My sister and her friend were already booked and my 25 year old daughter was "psyched!" We weren't disappointed.

We all met up at Amansala on a mid July afternoon. The sun was shining, it was summer. When I stepped out of the van I was surprised that it was "cooler" in Tulum than it was in Baltimore where I had originated. Yay!!!

I was escorted to my room and given the lay of the land. "Don't drink the water, there are bottles of fresh water in your room, don't flush the tp, put it in the basket, sleep w/the windows open there"s a great ocean breeze, and make certain to sleep under the mosquito net." Then the best instruction of all, "put on your bathing suit and come on down to the beach. Lunch is in a few minutes."

I spent the next 6 days here. What a treat!! Fresh fruit and cactus juice every morning. A one hour walk/ run on the beach at 7am with all the ladies. Yoga, Circuit training, Zumba, massage, bicycling along the Tulum main drag, shopping in "town," swimming in the perfectly temperate ocean, fabulous lunches, dinners, and the fabulous women who came to be healed, transformed and just plain get away from it all.

This was magical in so many ways. Anyone would feel comfortable. All ages, All body types. All walks of life. Welcome to yourself!! A well deserved treat.

Room Tip: Ask for ocean front!!! There is no air conditioning. If you don't have oceanfront you won't have a good breeze and you could be uncomfortable.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank mtnwmn
Reviewed July 13, 2013

I spent 5 nights at bikini boot camp and loved it! You should know 'Eco chic' means no air conditioning so make sure to ask for a room with a working fan. The schedule changed daily and all trainers were highly qualified. The meals were healthy and delicious. This is much more of a healthy vacation get away than anything negative that comes with having 'bikini' in the title. The bike rides on beach cruisers, climbing Mayan ruins, cliff jumping, and African dance classes were a highlight. Not sure if it was the exercise, clean eating, or beautiful beaches but I came home feeling better about myself than I ever have before. I would do this alone or come back with girlfriends. Guys would be fine there.. Not an issue at all.

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms with the fans above the beds!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Stephanie B
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Bikini Bootcamp was everything I expected and SO much more! I went with a good friend for some R&R and we had the time of our lives! You have the freedom to participate in as many or as few of the group exercises/activities as you like. The food was amazing and I never felt hungry or like I didn't have enough to eat, and if you don't like what the cooks made for a certain meal, they will make you whatever you want! The workouts were so fun and were made for all levels! The staff was amazing and took us on wonderful adventures to some amazing Mayan ruins and beautiful cenotes. I went to just relax and let go and that is exactly what happened. I met some amazing people of all ages from all over the world and had a blast. I can't wait to go back to Amansala!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kirstyn H
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I arrived at Bikini Boot Camp with a pretty good understanding of what to expect, I read the BBC book before I arrived and made a commitment to myself to focus on the entire experience. From Darlene who greeted me upon my arrival to the trainers that were ultra patient with me to the phenomenal cooks the week was perfect! The to/from shuttle transportation was comfortable, on time and very helpful. I plan to return and bring friends! I already miss the morning beach walks, food, yoga and wonderful daily excursions.
-Vonda Broom

Room Tip: All rooms are convenient and very similar.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo