“A slice of heaven” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #50 of 91 Hotels in Tulum
Chatham, New Jersey
“A slice of heaven”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

I have been wanting to go to Amansala Bikini Bootcamp for seven years now and finally made it! It was such a great experience. The exercises were led by an amazing group of people and others were there to support you on your journey. The excursions were perfect and included the play and activity I was majorly in need of. Be sure to ask for a Mayan facial and reflexology from Annamarieluisa (totally messing her name up) but it was really special - like getting a great big hug from mom. You will come back a new person.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Hungarian first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

I truly loved Amansala. It is definitely Eco chic and the lack of AC is hard at first but the ocean breeze is constant and it doesn't feel hot- Ever and I'm from Miami!!! The staff is young and sweet and accommodating. Anything we needed- they made it happen. The classes are fun and tough and I loved the yoga with Darlene. The food - especially the fish tacos was amazing and healthy and fact that we all ate together and got to know each other really made it special. I recommend their iced coffee- I had about three a day!! There aren't enough verbs to express the spiritual and healthy lift I got from being at Amansala. I will definitely go back. We love Darlene!!!

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Dsierrarosen
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

I live a very fast paced life. BBC helped me set the reset button & come back able to take it all on again. I went alone and had a tremendous experience meeting a lot of similarly strong & independent women. As someone who has to constantly think 10steps ahead
I love that I didn't have to worry about anything. It was all taken care of. The schedule was the right balance of activities and rest. I took advantage of as many classes and even bought extra massages as I couldn't believe how amazing they were!!

You will get everything you put into this week. I lost weight, gained muscle, met new friends and renewed my joie de vivre.
Please note if you expect Amansala to be a 5 star resort you'll be disappointed. But if you want a 5 star experience, you won't. All my friends, coworkers & loved ones at home could see the change in me, and I recommend they all go to Amansala Bikini Boot Camp!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Marnie Q
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013

I had a wonderful week at Amansala! I was so excited when I got back, I told so many people about my experience. All the activities were well organized and the staff was very professional. I would definitely do it again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Rosanne M
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

I was at Amansala Bikini Bootcamp in November 2012 and had a great experience! The diversity of the guests (youngest in her 20s and oldest in her 60s) reassured me that this wasn't just for those buff bodies you see in magazines. The schedule was nicely paced and when the second day didn't seem to have enough downtime, they quickly changed the list of activities for the following days to suit the group's pace. Mixing the exercise with excursions to the ceynotes (swimming) and ruins (bike riding) provided a great balance for people like me that aren't fitness fanatics. I never felt pressured to do too much, but was always pushed a little out of my comfort zone so I really got the great workout I was after in a friendly environment.

There were solo people, groups of friends, sisters, and guests from both the US and abroad. The communal eating let everyone get to know one another and no one was left out (unless they wanted to be). I was on my own and really enjoyed getting to know others. One person I met on my trip purposely said she comes alone despite friends wanting to join her as she's met so many great people here and so she selfishly protects this destination as her private get-away.

I found the front desk staff were always helpful and the I honestly can't say enough good things about the fitness staff (for anyone who had Keira as an instructor you know what I mean!!).

I've recommended Amansala to both friends and my travel agent (who now recommends it to her clients).

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank ZinniaT
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

It is everything I need every year to kick start my spring regime. It is not the Ritz so dont go if you expect the Ritz, but do go, if you want to leave all your makeup, hair products and stress at home. It is a lovely relaxing place where nothing else matters. The staff and trainers are all great, the food is amazing, and yes you can lose weight and have a fabulous vacation. Since first going it has become more of a general hotel, whereas I am not sure it is ideal for families with kids, it is definitely for that woman who needs a great escape.

Room Tip: Rooms are not intended to stay in, they have comfortable beds, and the beach front views are amazing...