“Great Staff, Super Owners, Excellent Stay!”

Amansala Eco-Chic Resort + Retreat
Ranked #54 of 98 Hotels in Tulum
Reviewed October 8, 2011

The two owners were really interested in making my stay as great as possible, whether that meant recommending things to do or renting me a bike or just talking about Tulum. The staff was also very friendly and the food was excellent. Plus the location is amazing. I didn't do the bikini boot-camp, so I can't comment on that, but it's a wonderful place and I'd stay there again.

Room Tip: Get an ocean-view cabin: it's worth it.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank evenezky

Reviewed September 26, 2011

I went to the bootcamp in September and enjoyed everything about it. The beach was beautiful, the food good, and the bootcamp was amazing. If you're looking for a healthy, fun vacation in a beautiful location then this is it. Im sure I going to back with my friend because i want to share this experience for every my friend. Thanks

Room Tip: Every room is nice
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank DonPepe12
Reviewed August 30, 2011

I've been in Amansala just for an holiday stay not for bikini bootcamps:
Good:
- nice, sporty, young, helpful, friendly staff.
- funny, beautiful, calm, smart dogs (usually I don't like free animals in the hotel)
- located on one of the best stripe of tulum beach
- lot of sunbed, table, beachvolley net, canoas available
- really beautiful room (I saw just the oceanfront ones)
- good and healthy food, nice service also on the beach
- amazing atmosphere, active but relaxing
- electricity all day long (not for hairdryer)
- no A/C but fun as you request
- beach towels
- many wifi hot spots

BAD:
- extra food expensive (right for breakfast and lunch not for dinner)
- too much insects in the room (especially the one upstairs because of the opened palapa)..4 beatles/cucarachas in 2days are really not acceptable, mosquitos, and many many others
- 17% more if you pay with credit card

I'll back in Amansala choosing a room downstairs to take all the best from this resort!

• Stayed: August 2011
missyglee, Manager at Amansala Eco-Chic Resort + Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2011

We appreciate the positive feedback regarding the beach, staff, rooms etc and just want to comment on the insects. We are located in nature and love all the creatures that come with it, however with that said, we still fumigate often and I believe your stay was right after we fumigated which can result in some bugs falling out of their hiding places and winding up on your floor. So sorry for this as I know some people are sensitive to insects than others. Also wanted to comment that we never charge 17% for paying by credit card but charge the hotel tax which is now 13% in Mexico and is an official tax. Also to comment the dinner in our restaurant is fresh, large portions and averages around $15 for a main dish which is reasonable in Tulum, especially for the quality and atmosphere.
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to give your feedback we appreciate it.

Reviewed August 25, 2011

The perfect mix between relax, sports, action and natural life, away from the monotonous life in a place full of peace and great people willing to help you keep a healthy lifestyle.

Do you want a vacations for retake energy to your normal life. U must live a Bikini Boot Camp.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 19, 2011

I went to the bootcamp in early July and enjoyed everything about it. The beach was beautiful, the food good, and the bootcamp was amazing. If you're looking for a healthy, fun vacation in a beautiful location then this is it.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed August 17, 2011

I stayed with my boyfriend and we had a wonderful time. The beach has a lot of seaweed but it was beautiful and serene, the food is excellent , and the our room was rustic and comfortable. The staff is very friendly and helpful and it was a perfect place to relax and unwind. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 20, 2011

I returned from Amansala 4 days ago, and I'm still thinking about how soon can I go back. I participated in bikini bootcamp and was amazed by how much lighter and stronger I felt physically and spiritually after one week. And yet it was also the most relaxing holiday I have had in a while, everything is taken care of for you, all you have to do is show up. For me, the more I participated the more fun I had.

I can't say enough good things about the staff. The trainers will amaze and inspire you (insert a million compliments here). I had two of the best massages I have ever had. The kitchen accommodated all of my special requests and prepared healthy and delicious fresh meals. The rooms were clean and the decor was simple and beautiful.

Bikini bootcamp is for all ages and fitness levels (that includes you too, boys!). The beaches of Tulum are magical and serene. Amansala is so relaxing and inviting, it feels like home in paradise.

Tips: If you are going for bikini bootcamp bring lots and a variety of work out clothes. The ocean front rooms have the best breeze for sleeping (recommended in the hotter months). This is a place to get back to basics (no airconditioning, laundry, or hairdryers). It is a perfect choice for a solo traveller. Their facebook page has lots of great photos and info!

Room Tip: ocean front gets the best breeze for sleeping.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo