we just returned from LaZebra last night......gorgeous beach,ocean, excellent kite-boarding experience, restaurant service was very good and the staff were very friendly and lots of fun to interact with....we reserved the Luxury Beach House...steps to the ocean, beautiful views,coffee and juice delivered each morning, which was lovely! But I feel that it is necessary to add these "not so good" experiences as well as the positive ones....most of the time our water for showers was cold with little or no shower flow all week long....my daughter and her husband occupied the lower half of the beach house, there water was a bit warmer and more powerful. When we arrived the first night it began to rain, the sliding doors leading to the upstairs bedroom was boarded up after it was removed we realized why it had been boarded up (water would come into the room under the door, even with some weather stripping they added several days later) therefore during the week when we had some severe storms the floor was saturated and we laid our beach towels on the ground to avoid the water from spreading further into our one room accomodation. Now let me move on to the bathroom situation, only a room length drape separated our beds from the toilet bowl, no privacy at all for my son and I all week, the shower had no curtain around it so that floor was always saturated as well. Our overhead fan did not work, nor could they fix it so they gave us a portable type fan to use.
The housekeeping staff kept our room clean and tidy daily even with all the soaking wet beach towels on our floor each night.
If it had not been for the violent rainstorms ex perienced both day and night on and off for
about 4 out of the 7 days we were there, things for have been much more comfortable.
We all loved Tulum and we will most likely return, but I don't think Lazebra will be a part of our plans....sorry!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated directly on the beach in a historic former coconut plantation, the family-run La Zebra offers a vibrant and rustic destination among Tulum hotels, where authentic Mexican culture and cuisine infuse every facet of your stay. Escape to an intimate Tulum Mexico hotel best described as stylish and beach-chic, with thatched roofs and colorful hammocks, coco palms swaying in the breeze, and warm Caribbean waters lapping at the shore just a few sandy steps away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, HotelsClick, Hotwire, Despegar.com, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your La Zebra Colibri Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Zebra Hotel, Tulum Hotel Tulum
- La Zebra Beach Cabanas Hotel
- La Zebra Beach Cabanas Resort
- La Zebra Tulum