I really liked this hotel. It is located in an excellent spot in the beach, where there are no rocks and the sea is good for swimming and chilling out. It is also a great spot for walking on the beach, there is a large area of sand on both sides where one can track in the end of the afternoon. There are also enough palapas for all guests. On Saturday, they accepted a lot of people who were not guests on the palapas and when I got to the beach there was none for me, but then I asked the manager and he got me one. I think they shouldn't accept non guests in the palapas, I found it uncomfortable to be supposed to ask the manager for one when I was paying a lot for it. The hotel is pricey, but all hotels by the beach in the Tulum area are. My beach side cabana was comfortable and there was good water pressure in the shower, which I really appreciate. Staff was friendly and helpful. There were bikes to rent which was a bonus, I loved it. I didn't find the restaurant as good as others have said, I had mostly better meals in other places (including hotels) in Mexico. Considering the price of the night, breakfast should be included (it is in some other hotels in the area, also with cabanas on the beach). They only provide complimentary coffee and fresh orange juice (which was tasty). Unfortunately, I was not there on Sunday to enjoy the famous Salsa party. I went to their sister hotel Mezanine salsa party on Wednesday night which was ok, but apparently not as fun as the La Zebra Sunday party. All in all, despite some little stuff, I liked the hotel and would stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated directly on the beach in a historic former coconut plantation, the family-run La Zebra offers a vibrant and rustic destination among Tulum hotels, where authentic Mexican culture and cuisine infuse every facet of your stay. Escape to an intimate Tulum Mexico hotel best described as stylish and beach-chic, with thatched roofs and colorful hammocks, coco palms swaying in the breeze, and warm Caribbean waters lapping at the shore just a few sandy steps away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your La Zebra Colibri Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Zebra Hotel, Tulum Hotel Tulum
- La Zebra Beach Cabanas Hotel
- La Zebra Beach Cabanas Resort
- La Zebra Tulum