We have been coming to La Zebra for years and will never return. The rates have continued to increase and the quality has continued to decrease. Our most recent stay did not include breakfast as it had in every past visit. Our room did not have a beach bag or complimentary bottle of tequila as it always had. We were offered a beverage to be delivered in the morning and asked for juice, each day we received coffee, not juice. The pool our room had had a broken filter and was filthy and unusable (we were told it was because of the rain). You now have to track your towel during your stay and we were constantly bringing our towel around to avoid a $30 per towel fee. La Zebra was alway about creating an atmosphere of calm and relaxation, it now seems to be about making a profit. It is either under new management or the management has made a shift in priorities. We will certainly try a new hotel on our next visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated directly on the beach in a historic former coconut plantation, the family-run La Zebra offers a vibrant and rustic destination among Tulum hotels, where authentic Mexican culture and cuisine infuse every facet of your stay. Escape to an intimate Tulum Mexico hotel best described as stylish and beach-chic, with thatched roofs and colorful hammocks, coco palms swaying in the breeze, and warm Caribbean waters lapping at the shore just a few sandy steps away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your La Zebra Colibri Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Zebra Hotel, Tulum Hotel Tulum
- La Zebra Beach Cabanas Hotel
- La Zebra Beach Cabanas Resort
- La Zebra Tulum