What we loved - the rooms were very quaint and the beach is awesome. With regret, our room was across the main street from the resort but well equipped and we looked out onto the pool from our bed. The kids enjoyed the very small pool as a nice break from the ocean. I also loved the coffee service to your front door every morning. Nice touch.
What we didn't love - the service, especially in the restaurant. The service is simply horrible. Very, very slow and often waiters having to come back to reconfirm your order then still getting it wrong. No one has really trained them it appears. The food is above average with some outstanding items, but when it takes you an hour to get a simple dish, it doesn't matter what it tastes like (and when your cheeseburger costs $19 USD).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated directly on the beach in a historic former coconut plantation, the family-run La Zebra offers a vibrant and rustic destination among Tulum hotels, where authentic Mexican culture and cuisine infuse every facet of your stay. Escape to an intimate Tulum Mexico hotel best described as stylish and beach-chic, with thatched roofs and colorful hammocks, coco palms swaying in the breeze, and warm Caribbean waters lapping at the shore just a few sandy steps away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire and Hotels.com so you can book your La Zebra Colibri Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Zebra Hotel, Tulum Hotel Tulum
- La Zebra Beach Cabanas Hotel
- La Zebra Beach Cabanas Resort
- La Zebra Tulum