Remembering how difficult it was to leave last time, I stayed a few more days this time. This hotel has a magical ability to melt all your stress away. The rooms are comfortable though you'd unlikely spend much time in it, given that the beautiful beach is only steps away.
The restaurant, recently re-christened "Lina's Mexican Kitchen", still serves up some of the best Mexican food I've still yet to find. Though it's Mexican, it's not really what you're used to at your corner Mexican joint stateside. I think refined "street-style" cuisine might be close... inspired by the wonderful tastes of street food, but definitely not street food. The bar continues to serve up awesome cocktails using only fresh squeezed fruit juices, squeezed in-house every single day. And don't forget the Sunday Salsa parties, which include free Salsa lessons!
The staff is wonderful. Always there when you need them, but never in your face... and somehow they always remember your name!
And if you start to stress about being away from everything, there is wi-fi to let you take quick peek at the news, email, etc. And then go get a massage on an outdoor table which the concierge Hernan can arrange for you.
Go during the shoulder months, i.e. a 2-3 weeks before and after low season. Rates are a steal, and you get to share the beach with only a handful of people. Sometimes you even get the whole beach to yourself.
Be warned though: this is high end rustic eco-chic, so no flat panel tv or a/c!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated directly on the beach in a historic former coconut plantation, the family-run La Zebra offers a vibrant and rustic destination among Tulum hotels, where authentic Mexican culture and cuisine infuse every facet of your stay. Escape to an intimate Tulum Mexico hotel best described as stylish and beach-chic, with thatched roofs and colorful hammocks, coco palms swaying in the breeze, and warm Caribbean waters lapping at the shore just a few sandy steps away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your La Zebra Colibri Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Zebra Hotel, Tulum Hotel Tulum
- La Zebra Beach Cabanas Hotel
- La Zebra Beach Cabanas Resort
- La Zebra Tulum