1,182 results
All reviews bali hut master suite water tower love cafe beach level kite surfing every morning yoga classes magical place beach front casa jaguar juice bar laid back ocean breeze ceviche restaurant staff day bed
Selected filters
Reviewed June 5, 2019

My husband and I spent one magical night here and I can't say enough about it. The room was beautiful, not only was it beautifully appointed with a comfortable king size bed, the view from the deck was absolutely perfect. The location is great, right in the middle of the "hotel row" with lots of great restaurants and shops close by. We rented bicycles and went all the way down to the Sian Kaan reserve.

The hotel itself is ecofriendly, which is always a plus in my book.

Although there was seaweed while we were there, the beach was still beautiful and didn't ruin our stay at all.

I cannot wait to go back!

Date of stay: June 2019
arturos974, Gerente at Ahau Tulum, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hola!

We would like to thank you such a nice review about Ahau. We are very happy to know that you liked the room, the views, location and our ecofriendly proposal. Thank you for understanding the seaweed problem, we work every day to clean the beach and hopefully this nature event slows down soon! Please come back anytime!!

Reviewed May 15, 2019

Be prepared to have your spirit reinvigorated! The minute we took the left turn into Ahau, my wife and I knew there was something special about this place. The energy here captivates you. Tulum is such a unique place and the Ahau Hotel with its exceptional staff made it the most memorable trip ever. Waking up in our bed to the crashing waves of the ocean provided this instant and soothing calmness that stayed with us throughout our stay. A special thank you to Fernanda & Javier for your constant attention. EVERY single interaction with any staff was a delight! The food was exquisite, a mouth-watering selection of food & drink. Thank you, Martin (our server) for your superb service! The onsite Temezcal (sweat lodge) was a spiritual experience. Be prepared for a sublime adventure in this slice of heaven that is Ahau.

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Hola!

We always get inspired when reading such nice and extraordinary reviews, we are delighted to hear that the staff fulfilled your expectations and that you enjoyed the food and drinks as well as the room and the soothing calmness that you experienced during your stay. Fernanda, Javier and Marin will be very happy to know that you specially mentioned them for their service and constant attention. We invite you to come back soon anytime as we will be very happy to serve you again!!

Reviewed May 12, 2019 via mobile

A good place to stay while visiting the beachside in Tulum. It’s very well located for the beach, best bars and restaurants. The staff are very friendly and the security makes you feel very safe (important as I was a solo traveller). The rooms are reasonably priced. Make sure to use the mosquito nets around the bed or you could get eaten alive. The shower was amazing. The biggest downside of the room was, it’s not well soundproofed - can get very noisy, the lighting in the room is not good and in the room I had (the smallest option), there is nowhere to unpack your clothes. The onsite yoga is amazing (I did with Eli)- it’s a shame it’s only offered once a day, an evening class would be cool. As a footnote, I have to mention that I got very sick 24 hours into my trip and was knocked back for 72 hours. At that point I had eaten dinner + drinks (ahau main restaurant) and lunch (raw love) on-site and drank the water the hotel provides. The only things consumed off-site up to that point were an ice-cream in the shop across the road and a margarita a couple of bars down the road. I can’t categorically say what made me sick but the facts would leave a question mark for me.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo

Hola!

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a nice review. we take all our guests reviews as an opportunity to perform better and for sure we will see how to make more room in the Bali Huts and a better lighting and to offer two yoga classes everyday (we do it in high season for sure). We are really sorry that you got sick and unfortunately we did not know this during your stay to help you, there can be plenty of reasons to get sick in this weather but I can assure you that the water we provide it is purified and that we and raw love follow an strictly process for cleaning and disinfect all fruit and vegetables as well as we have the food temperatures controls. We hope to see you soon back with us and we will work as always to make you have an amazing experience.

Reviewed May 3, 2019 via mobile

My friends and I spent an amazing morning here. The view was amazing and the food we ordered was delicious. The service couldn’t be faulted at all either. We asked to hire some of the beach beds as we weren’t guests and they allowed it which we were so grateful for as well. I wouldn’t mind coming back to stay here in the future!

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends

Hola!

We would like to thank you for this beautiful review about the restaurant food, service and hotel beach area. We will be waiting for you anytime with open arms hopefully in a near future!!

Reviewed April 25, 2019

This was our first trip to Tulum and we had an excellent experience at Ahau. From the moment we arrived, the front desk staff were friendly and courteous and were readily available to provide us with advice to navigate the area. The staff are similarly attentive and make you feel at home. The junior suite was excellent for the price, private and the view of the beach was as-advertised. We were able to access a cabana every day we were there and received excellent service from Raphael on the beach. The temezcal ceremony is unique, intense and worth the money for the experience. You also cannot go wrong with the daily yoga and masseuse who is on-site. The location is perfect for those who are visiting to experience some of the more well-known restaurants in Tulum. We cannot recommend enough and will likely be back to stay again!

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
arturos974, Gerente at Ahau Tulum, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2019

Hola!

We are so grateful to have such amazing reviews about ahau, the staff, services, the room, beach, food and restaurant and yoga and masseuses. We want to pamper you again and we can only do it if you come back soon!! we will be waiting for you ready to create great experiences during your vacations!

Best Regards,