1,174 results
All reviews bali hut master suite water tower love cafe beach level kite surfing every morning yoga classes magical place beach front casa jaguar juice bar laid back ocean breeze ceviche day bed heaven on earth
Selected filters
Reviewed May 12, 2019 via mobile

A good place to stay while visiting the beachside in Tulum. It’s very well located for the beach, best bars and restaurants. The staff are very friendly and the security makes you feel very safe (important as I was a solo traveller). The rooms are reasonably priced. Make sure to use the mosquito nets around the bed or you could get eaten alive. The shower was amazing. The biggest downside of the room was, it’s not well soundproofed - can get very noisy, the lighting in the room is not good and in the room I had (the smallest option), there is nowhere to unpack your clothes. The onsite yoga is amazing (I did with Eli)- it’s a shame it’s only offered once a day, an evening class would be cool. As a footnote, I have to mention that I got very sick 24 hours into my trip and was knocked back for 72 hours. At that point I had eaten dinner + drinks (ahau main restaurant) and lunch (raw love) on-site and drank the water the hotel provides. The only things consumed off-site up to that point were an ice-cream in the shop across the road and a margarita a couple of bars down the road. I can’t categorically say what made me sick but the facts would leave a question mark for me.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed May 3, 2019 via mobile

My friends and I spent an amazing morning here. The view was amazing and the food we ordered was delicious. The service couldn’t be faulted at all either. We asked to hire some of the beach beds as we weren’t guests and they allowed it which we were so grateful for as well. I wouldn’t mind coming back to stay here in the future!

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed April 25, 2019

This was our first trip to Tulum and we had an excellent experience at Ahau. From the moment we arrived, the front desk staff were friendly and courteous and were readily available to provide us with advice to navigate the area. The staff are similarly attentive and make you feel at home. The junior suite was excellent for the price, private and the view of the beach was as-advertised. We were able to access a cabana every day we were there and received excellent service from Raphael on the beach. The temezcal ceremony is unique, intense and worth the money for the experience. You also cannot go wrong with the daily yoga and masseuse who is on-site. The location is perfect for those who are visiting to experience some of the more well-known restaurants in Tulum. We cannot recommend enough and will likely be back to stay again!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
arturos974, Gerente at Ahau Tulum, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2019

Hola!

We are so grateful to have such amazing reviews about ahau, the staff, services, the room, beach, food and restaurant and yoga and masseuses. We want to pamper you again and we can only do it if you come back soon!! we will be waiting for you ready to create great experiences during your vacations!

Reviewed April 24, 2019 via mobile

First trip to Tulum and second hotel of a 10 day trip. We were a family of four with (two adult and two children) stayed in a Jr Ocean View Upper Room which had two queen beds and a large balcony with great views. First thing that came to us was that both guest and non guest want to hang out here on the beach as there is food and beverages on the beach. Hotel guests have dedicated sun beds and also an area closer to the restaurant for non guests to eat and use sun beds (minimum spend required). Food and drinks were great. Daily yoga sessions and maya hot ritual once a week. Massage provided by Julieta highly recommended. We had a few issues with our room during the stay and front desk and management went above and beyond to not only timely rectify the issues but also generously compensated us for our troubles. Their sister hotel next door, Delek is newer and it felt very comfortable to spend time at both places. The hotel is well situated to all the restaurants and activities of the beach strip. The other onsite restaurant is Raw Love that serves vegan and vegetarian dishes which are awesome. I would recommend Ahau and hope to return again soon.

Trip type: Traveled with family

Hola!

We would like to thank you for taking the time to describe in a very nice way our hotel and all the services and facilities, we also would love to attend you once again in a near future, therefore, come back soon!!

Reviewed April 22, 2019

I can't imagine a better place to stay for this price. We love to travel and I often research many locations before I book. I was only able to book 3 days at Ahau and had to book 3 at Papaya Playa. Oh how I wish the whole trip was at Ahau. It's "Good Vibes Only" at Ahau. Barefoot atmosphere. The hotel management team is the nicest management staff I've ever met in my global travels. We were greeted with mezcal welcome drinks. The whole site emits a quaint, humble, loving vibe. We had an ocean view room that felt ocean front. 20 steps to the beach. Soft sand to walk barefoot around the site. Impeccably clean. Personal hammock on the porch to swing on with fenced in front sand yard. Sliding front doors to open your room up. Coffee and pastries brought to your porch every morning. Room is naturally cooling. Water tower right next to our room to watch the best sunset every evening over the Yucatan jungle (one of the best experiences of my life). Guest were chilling on the water tower vibing out with each out. Best ceviche I've ever had. Very attentive staff on the beach to get you drinks quickly. It the hippest location in Tulum with a 2 minute safe walk to Casa Jagua, Gintano, and Diablito which are 3 of the hippest bar restaurants in Tulum but Ahau sits back quietly from these places and is completely secluded from the noise. Security greets you at the gate and walks the facility to ensure you feel safe (keep in mind the surrounding area is very nice and safe). This is the location you want to be. Don't go north to the PPP/Azulik area. That area has limited restaurants and bars. PPP is not worth the extra money and is very "big resort" vibes. And, the taxi service is so good in Tulum, taxis wait outside the hotels and bars at all hours, it's a 5 minute drive to any location. Very eco-conscious and filtered water is provided in your rooms personal water cooler every day. Personal bug spray and aloe provided to your room (We did not have 1 bug in our room, seriously people!!! You're in the jungle! Do you realize how amazing that is that the room kept all jungle bugs out?!!! I stayed at a fancy beachfront resort in Panama one night and almost died from the bugs, lol..)One last thing, it took me 30 seconds to walk from the beach to our room at Ahau. It took me 15 minutes to walk from the beach to my beach front room at PPP. So don't be swayed by the fancy big resort, you'll find that in Tulum, you want the laid back vibe. Ahau was the perfect vibe. Thank you to the staff for making it perfect and we can't wait to come back.

Room tip: You'll be fine with ocean view. Go with ground level. It's so nice to walk right on the beach.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank lemonjitz

Hola!

Good vibes is what we receive from you and this amazing review, we feel proud to know that our work is reflected in creating great experiences for you , we love to hear that you enjoyed every single part of the hotel, the room, hammock, sand, beach, water tower, Malob Kin (the pastries and coffee in the morning) food, drinks, service from staff, security, surroundings, other venues around, the beautiful sunset, welcome drinks, everything!! Wow! you really make us blush and feel so happy to know that your experience was great and hopefully we will be able to create more amazing experiences for you soon when coming back to Ahau and Tulum.