“Ahau Tulum is FANTASTIC, where all your dreams become true, my first night id arrived Tulum , id just found the magic, the speci”
Review of Ahau Tulum

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tulum
Ahau Tulum
Ranked #8 of 99 Hotels in Tulum
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Ahau Tulum is FANTASTIC, where all your dreams become true, my first night id arrived Tulum , id just found the magic, the special place to stay where the sweet of life exists, la dosis precisa del néctar deseado, y mejor aun found incredible people as Jesus, David, Jirge, Sergio, Jill everyone in this place are amazing people, love your atrention and service, all of you are amazing, also each night great singers and musicians, thank u all .... Paohuitzili , blessings

• Stayed: March 2014
Arturo S, Gerente at Ahau Tulum, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2014

Hello!

We want to thank you for the excellent review posted about Ahau Tulum and also because you are sharing this with everybody helping our future guests to have a better view of where are they going to spend their next vacations. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed the magic of Ahau and that Jesus, David, Jorge, Sergio and Jill made your stay a better one as well as the musicians during our evening dinners. We invite you to visit us any time again to give us the opportunity to offer a great service here in Ahau.

Arturo Soto

Write a ReviewReviews (1,030)

Reviewed March 11, 2014

We had been before for drinks and food before, but this was our first stay there and I have to say it will definitely not be our last. The property is beautiful and all the little details that they paid attention to to make it feel so comfortable and inviting for all their guests is very obvious. The entire staff is fantastic from the reception ladies (thanks Jill and Ari!) to the restaurant staff, the managers... everyone made you feel at home and made sure you had everything you needed/wanted all the time. (and the bed was sooooo comfortable).
The design is just spectacular as you can see from all the photos people post. And the beach in Tulum is just about the best on earth (and we've been to a million!).
Ahau will definitely be our home away from home whenever we can get away for a few nights (since we are lucky enough to actually live here in the area!). Don't think twice, if you can get a reservation, go to Ahau!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Allison Z

Hello!

We want to thank you for the excellent opinion that you have about Ahau Tulum. We are committed to fulfill all of our guests needs and we are always working to exceed their expectations. We are happy to hear that you are a frecuent client and that you stayed with us for the first time, we are glad to hear that Jill and Ari improved your experience and that you enjoyed the beach and the hotel's design. We will be waiting for you at any time that you decide to come back to visit Ahau Tulum from Playa.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

Took my wife here for her 30th birthday. Can't remember the name of the room (to be honest didn't realize they had names until I checked their website just now), but it was one of the beach level junior suites (room 9).

Anyway - we had an excellent time. It was absolute paradise. I'm not usually a fan of beach vacations, but this was perfect. The room was right on the beach - you walk straight out onto the sand, and it was about 30-40 yards to the ocean. There are various cabanas / day beds / sun chairs etc assigned to your room type, so you don't need to worry about not getting somewhere to chill out. This may not be something novel (I'm more of a skiing vacation type person, who was making a concession to his beach bum wife), but I thought it was a great idea.

Even though the hotel seemed full or almost full, it never felt too busy. In fact same goes for everywhere we went to in Tulum. So nice to be in an area not totally rammed with tourists. I really hope they cap out the development in the area, so that it never gets that way.

The room itself was great - perfect balance of comfort vs beach-side rustic charm. If you're going for a special occasion, getting one of the suites is absolutely worth it (250-400 a night). But to be honest next time I'd be happy with the regular beach huts, which are great value in the 60-90 range.

On the topic of prices (and this is not a reflection on Ahau, it's symptomatic of the entire Tulum area), food and drink in Tulum does not reflect the rustic/earthy/hippy atmosphere of the place. Think Moscow rather than Mexico. Not a big deal - just be warned.

We ate breakfast and lunch a couple of the times at the hotel, and ordered some drinks on the beach. Food and drinks were solid. Service though a little slow. That would be my only one major pointer for the place to improve upon. Happy to take things at a more chilled pace when on the beach, but there were some especially long waits at times.

But minor gripes (I'm giving a 5 star review here as you can see). And from walking up and down the beach, and visiting other hotels for lunch/dinner, I would definitely say (at least for us), Ahau had the best overall feel and appearance. Also important to note - everyone that worked there were very friendly.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Malcolm R
Arturo S, Gerente at Ahau Tulum, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2014

Hello!

We want to thank you for the spectacular review you posted about Ahau Tulum and also because you are sharing this with our future guests and they will have a better view of where are they going to spend their next vacations. We are committed to fulfill all of our guests needs and we are always working to exceed their expectations. It is great to receive such nice and pleasant comments about the rooms, restaurant and about your stay. We appologize if the service seemed slow on the beach and we will work to improve this to make sure that this do not happen again. Be sure that we will be ready to surpass your expectations the next time you visit Ahau.

Warm Regards

Reviewed March 6, 2014

Could it possibly be as beautiful or as large in person as it appears on their hotel's website? That was my thought as I booked two nights at Ahau Tulum's second-floor master suite. But after a horrible, miserably cold winter on the east coast and three non-stop months of working every weekend, I decided to treat myself to a little beach luxury. This was to be my first trip to Mexico, and I had decided Tulum would meet my competing needs for beauty, luxury, safety, and character. I wanted nothing to do with an all-inclusive resort or beach party town, and was nervous about venturing out on my own off the beaten path in Mexico, with no experience and limited-to-no Spanish. Tulum was absolutely perfect in this regard - a wonderful luxury boho beach town with a magnificent sense of place: stylish, safe without being walled in, magically beautiful setting that brings instant relaxation and peace to the soul.

When I got to Ahau and was taken to the second-floor suite, my first thought was it was the most beautiful hotel room I'd ever seen in my life. I've lived in apartments smaller than the gorgeous Mayan deck. The room itself is so large I see why the hotel pictures use a panoramic camera (none of my own pictures of the room do it any justice). But what the pictures don't capture is the utter magnificence of the view, the breeze, the sunrise, the complete perfect comfort of wind and shade in the room even in mid-day when it is blazing hot outside. The enormous sky filled with stars at night. It was the most perfect vacation stay of my life and completely worth every penny.

The only downside is ever having to leave it at all. If Ahau would let me rent it by the month and if I could ever afford it, I would pack up everything and move back there now.

Room Tip: Second-floor master-suites have more privacy than the equally beautiful first-floor suites.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Hello!

We want to thank you for the excellent comments recently posted about Ahau Tulum. This is the best way to help our future guests to read in advance what they will enjoy in our hotel. We are very glad that you enjoyed you stay here and felt like a Rock Star, we will be waiting for you the next time you visit and for sure we are going to set up the red carpet to make you feel again like that. Once again, thank you for sharing all this wonderful coomments about Ahau.

Warm Regards

Reviewed March 2, 2014

We did not stay at Ahau, but ate there several times. I loved their salads, so fresh and tasty and at a good price. Also, they have the best ice cream in town! You have a choice of sitting semi- indoors, with a fabulous view of the caribbean ocean through the palms, or outdoors, in the sand. Either way is lovely.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Arturo S, Gerente at Ahau Tulum, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

Hello,

We want to thank you for the excellent opinion posted about Ahau Tulum and also because our future guests will be able to read in advance what they will enjoy in their next vacations. We are glad that you enjoyed our salads and ice cream! as well as our facilities and we hope in a near future you will give us the chance to attend you as a guest staying in Ahau.

Warm regards.

Reviewed February 26, 2014

I love this hotel, great ambience, food, the people are really friendly!!!
The best beach you can find in Mexico!!!
It is a relaxing place where you can go with family, friends, or just with your better half!!
Great place don't think twice, book it!!!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank naomi52682
Arturo S, Gerente at Ahau Tulum, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2014

Hello!

We want to thank you for the excellent opinion that you have about Ahau Tulum and because you are sharing this with everybody, therefore, our future guests can have a better view of where are they going to spend their next vacations. We are committed to fulfill all of our guests needs and we are always working to exceed their expectations. We are very happy to hear that the Ahau family friendliness suited your needs and that Tulum's beach was as incredible as it is for you. Hopefully we can serve you at any time again as we will love to see you back soon in Ahau Tulum.

Best Regards,

Reviewed February 24, 2014

Staying in Tulum for one week and looking at other Tulum hotels on the beach, this was the only one which was located directly on the beach/water front. The terrace was open on the sand, and the beach was literary right in front of you.
We stayed in the room "Life" which had windows on 2 full sides. At first we thought that people could look in easily, but by using the white curtains and by having it a little darker in the room, there was no way for anyone to be able to peek inside.
The room itself was very nice and clean. Very cozy and romantic for us. We had 2 large bed, and 4 people could stay there if wanted.
The restaurant was OK with food and drinks. If you tip them you could get your food and drinks right on the beach. The beach is the best and the hotel did a very good job maintaining both the beach and the hotel environment. The stay was very expensive, but we really enjoyed our stay. Not too luxury, but very romantic and cozy.
On weekend they have BBQ with fresh seafood.
Check out my photos to get an idea of how the hotel looks.

Room Tip: we had the "life" room on the bottom floor. Direct access on/to the beach/water front. Cou...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Hello!

We want to thank you for the excellent review posted about Ahau Tulum and also because you are sharing this with everybody helping our future guests to have a better view of where are they going to spend their next vacations. We are very happy to hear that our Junior Suite "Life" was comfortable and fullfilled your needs and that you enjoyed this beautiful beach and our restaurant as our seafood grill near the beach. Hopefully we can serve you at any time again as we will love to see you back soon in Ahau Tulum.