We stayed at Ahau Tulum for 4 days in July. Our room was a junior suite on the second floor, had a partial view of the ocean and tons of sea breezes. I would seriously suggest taking a place with air conditioning for July and a lot of mosquito repellent. It is very hot and humid and things are fine as long as the breeze is there but the minute you are out of the breeze area - its oppressive.
Things I loved about it Ahau Tulum -
1. Perfect location in the middle of the hotel strip at the beach. The beach is fantastic at this point (no horrible sea weed or rocks as down the beach).
2. The restaurant: The food is very good and the staff at the restaurant are super friendly and caring. It's pricey as anywhere else in Tulum - at least here you are facing the ocean and have a great breeze the whole time (not something you can say about the other restaurants across the road)
3. Mauricio - we toold kite surfing lessons with Mauricio and went snorkeling with him to Casa Cenote. A must do! He is the friendliest and the best.
4. Nothing like getting drinks and coconuts delivered at the beach. After you are done with the coconut juice, the staff will cut up the coconut meat and bring it back with red chilii and lime (the best!).
What I didnt love as much:
1. The acro-yoga class - the acrobatics are really unnecessary. Poor Pitanjali is rolling in his grave!
2. The rooms were expensive - the next time i will go with the first floor suites/rooms as they don't have the huge volume to cool. Make sure there is air conditioning in July!
3. The staff at the reception gave us some incomplete/mis leading information about the bus to Cancun airport. They could have been more helpful/friendly in general.
Overall, I would stay here when I go back to Tulum. Just not in July...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ecological luxury Hotel with a Guest House in Tulum Beach in Mexico ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Ahau Tulum Hotel Tulum
- Esmeralda k Hotel Tulum
- Esmeralda k Tulum