“A magical Place for a the wedding of your dreams”
Review of Ahau Tulum

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tulum
Ahau Tulum
Ranked #7 of 101 Hotels in Tulum
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Let me start by telling you that Ahau was the magical place that landed in front of us when the time came to pick for the place where we would get married....
Ahau Tulum gave us everything and so much more than we could even imagine! Ines is their event planner, her work was impeccable, committed and with a touch of perfectionism. I sent her pictures of "Ideas" and she re created everything with detail, beyond what I even cared it to be. The Mayan priest she put us in contact with was truly amazing, so full of love and so real.
Ahau gave us a home for almost 2 weeks, from the beginning my friends, my family and I all felt so comfortable there. The crew is fun, friendly and hard working... All with a smile taking care of us, serving us and having some fun with us as well.
The restaurant has, a part from a great crew of people, such good food! Healthy and delicious, just like I like it!!!
The vibe in Ahau is laid back but hard working. The hotel is rustic and elegant at the same time.
If you're looking for a place to have your wedding I really wouldn't hesitate... This is the place! they'll treat your friends an family like their own and they'll create a beautiful day all around for it to be your perfect, special day!

If you're wondering if you should stay there for your vacation... Well, I think you will find all you need at Ahau Tulum. A little extra... Mauricio, the guy with the paddle boards and kite surfing instructor is so sweet and so passionate about what he does! Don't miss renting a paddle board and going out with him...

Hope you find this helpful and if you stay there, I really think you will have as much fun and pleasure as I did.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Shawn M
PepeEscalante, General Manager at Ahau Tulum, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2012

Hola Shawn!

Your words are as beautiful as your wedding was...well almost..it was a spectacular event. Thank you for choosing Ahau for your special day and taking the time to write about your experience. Your group brought a little extra magic to the hotel. We wish you the best in this next chapter of your life and look forward to your return. Many blessings!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,055)

Reviewed November 9, 2012

someone told us we didn't need shoes, they were right, the hour- glass sand underfoot was like silk. the ease of the place was as lush as the surrounding jungle. You are swept away to a simpler, cozy, yet plush, setting, complete with ancient Mayan pyramids, mystery, turquoise, crystal-clear ,warm ocean,.. gentle, and alive with living coral reefs. we walked for hours at midnight, safely, on the dark beach,only lit by the full moon, the warm waters lapping at our ankles, ...the remoteness apparent.Silence,... No lights, tiki torches for illumination, no giant corporate hotels, fresh fish speared by the staff cooked on the fire... REALLY? I ascended during my moments spent here, ..yes,..it was that good.

Room Tip: its all good bottom floor might be cooler and less full sun, fans over beds should have a setting f...
3  Thank drdeb4u

Hola!

What a lovely review! Thank you so much for sharing your experience...it is a magical place, isn´t it? We have worked hard to maintain the natural beauty of Tulum while providing a comfortable stay. Please come back and see us again soon.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

A beautiful luxury and romantic spot with a great restaurant and lovely staff.. I will stay there again! The rooms on beach are stunning..I stayed and their suites and I recommend them for anyone looking for a balance of posh and rustic ....

2  Thank Kevanu

Hola!

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again really soon. Thank you for taking the time to comment on your positive experience here at Ahau.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

Ahau is a magical place. David and his wife Milana have created one of the most welcoming and comfortable environments I have ever experienced. The beaches in Tulum speak for themselves but what really distinguishes this place from all the others are the beautiful details of the hotel and its staff.
When you walk up and down the beach on hotel row in Tulum, Ahau really stands out. The A framed suites are a combination of Bali Joglo's and Southern homes with large wrap around porches. Our first 5 nights my fiance and I stayed in room #8 which is a beach facing upper junior suit with a large porch. The bed was super comfortable, the bathroom was nice and the water was hot. Our last two nights we spent in room #1 which was a bottom floor beach facing suite with a large wrap around porch, a super comfortable king size bed and a great bathroom area. Each of our last two nights we hung out on that large porch with new and old friends, drinking Tequila, telling jokes and taking in the beautiful night ocean air.

The staff at Ahau is a bright international crew of people this so nice and cool that they make you feel like you are on vacation with a bunch of friends. Inside the main building where the restaurant is (very good food and great coffee btw), Ahau has a very large open area with three large deep set Balinese day beds set around a big square table. Each night before dinner we would find ourselves hanging out there for a couple hours having a drink or two and sharing stories with other guest or different members of the staff. This was my favorite area of the hotel. It's such a cozy hang out /meeting space.

I have been to Tulum 6 times over the past 14 years and have seen this little town really grow up. There are now several nice places to stay and eat. However, in my opinion, Ahau's quality of style, service and design is head and shoulders above all the rest.

Thank you so much David, Milana, Inez, Pepe, Victor and the rest of the Ahau family for making our vacation so special. We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Since the beach front rooms face East, all those rooms fill with light at 8am. All rooms have ceili...
1  Thank Carlosdlt11

Hola Carlos!

On behalf of David, Milana Ines and the rest of the Ahau family I would like to thank you for choosing Ahau and taking the time to review your stay. You are always welcome here! We have tried to honor the beauty of this land in creating this space and are grateful to have guests that also respect and cherish the magic that is Tulum. Please, come back soon.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

I couldn't have imagined a more perfect setting for the best day of my life. From the moment we arrived, all the way to the last sad minute when we had to leave, there was a feeling of being at home the whole time. The staff was super friendly and helpful, The food was delicious (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner!) The octopus was my favorite. We stayed for 11 days and had a very hard time leaving the place. They definitely will go way out of their way to make sure you are well taking care of. They also exceeded all my expectations with our wedding. They Organized and planned the most magical day of my life. The attention to detail was fantastic along with the food and the ceremony!
I was glowing with Joy for weeks to come!
I will be forever grateful to them for helping us make our dream wedding come true and I'm counting the days until we come back to this beautiful paradise!

Room Tip: The floor level master suites are amazing if you want to go all out. But the Junior Suites are very...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Patricio M

Hola Patricio!

Thank you for choosing Ahau for your special day. We are so glad it was everything you hoped it would be and are grateful for your kind review. We hope to see you and Shawn again soon...You always have a home at Ahau! Best wishes to you both.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

I ve stayed 2weeks at Ahau and had a most beautiful time. The top floor junior suites, where I could stay, are just amazing. The architecture is beautiful with high wooden roofs, hand-painting on the walls and all the details with shells around the mirror, fine color matching and lots more to discover. Also they are most cautious about ecologically sustainable use of energy. I loved the balcony which faces the ocean with a huge hammock where you can watch the magic sky, stars and milky way all night long. At Ahau and their neighbours you can do many different activities such as board paddling on the ocean which I highly recommend and you will meet a lot of interesting people. I will love to come back. Merci!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
PepeEscalante, Gerente at Ahau Tulum, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2012

Hola,

We are glad to read your review, and that you had an amzing time here with us, we have added it just enough to the beauty of Tulum that has already been here for hundreds of years, please feel free to come back any time to Tulum and feel the magic.

Thanks

Reviewed October 26, 2012

I've stayed in many places in tulum and this is my by far my favorite! Rooms are big with a beautiful views of the ocean! Staff is wonderful and food is amazing! Love the fact that everything is Eco-friendly and not harming the nature in any way. Can't wait to be back for the holidays!!!!

• Stayed: October 2012

Hola!

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Ahau. We are so glad you chose to spend your vacation with us. We look forward to seeing you again over the holidays!