My boyfriend Jonathan and I have never had a vacation in our (3) years together. We have have worked in NYC and LA 5 star hotels and have pretty high standards. We wanted to get away from big city life for our shared birthday and reconnect with our spirits, nature and eachother- but we didn't want to "rough it". I searched the web and came across Mayatulum. For the MBS package price, I was not really expecting very much but we hoped for the best.
First of all, Tulum is one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen. The warmth and openness of the staff at Mayatulum made us feel right at home.We consider ourselves very discerning when it comes to food. Jonathan and I work in environments with world famous chefs. Food and service is one thing we definitely understand. The food at Mayatulum is overwhelmingly fresh and well prepared. We felt invigorated & nourished by every single meal. The few times we ate away from the resort we were happy to return for a better snack at Mayatulum! I have only gone to an all inclusive once before and I loathed it. Our MBS breakfasts were filled with fresh papaya and melon. What do you put in those incredible PANCAKES? At lunch we had so many choices from tasty fish tacos to hearty sanwiches. The Putanesca Pasta was my favorite for dinner and Jonathan loved your perfect Avocado Salad .
The staff really rounds out the entire experience. They practice the finer points of service without pretension. Your staff is so knowledgable and genuine- we were very impressed.
We enjoyed renting scooters in town and exploring the ruins and beaches. Magnificent!
Just writting this stirs memories of all of the beauty we enjoyed with you. I can still hear the waves crashing if I close my eyes. We want to tell everyone we know, yet we want no one to ever spoil our treasured Mayatulum.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are located in the magical beaches of Tulum; where in between the white silky sands, and the soothing sound of turquoise waves you will find what you need for your inner journey. In Maya Tulum we offer complete Yoga and Wellness Retreats for your mind, body and spirit to connect and fuse into one, with our yoga classes, spa treatments, wellness therapies, healthy and pescatarian food we create the perfect environment to reach the inner light that lies within each of us, so divine peace can find its way into each of our hearts. We heartly and warmly welcome you to Maya Tulum. In Lak’Ech(I am another You) ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Maya Tulum Retreat Hotel Tulum
- Maya Tulum Retreat And Resort
- Maya Tulum Retreat Resort