My boyfriend Jonathan and I have never had a vacation in our (3) years together. We have have worked in NYC and LA 5 star hotels and have pretty high standards. We wanted to get away from big city life for our shared birthday and reconnect with our spirits, nature and eachother- but we didn't want to "rough it". I searched the web and came across Mayatulum. For the MBS package price, I was not really expecting very much but we hoped for the best.
First of all, Tulum is one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen. The warmth and openness of the staff at Mayatulum made us feel right at home.We consider ourselves very discerning when it comes to food. Jonathan and I work in environments with world famous chefs. Food and service is one thing we definitely understand. The food at Mayatulum is overwhelmingly fresh and well prepared. We felt invigorated & nourished by every single meal. The few times we ate away from the resort we were happy to return for a better snack at Mayatulum! I have only gone to an all inclusive once before and I loathed it. Our MBS breakfasts were filled with fresh papaya and melon. What do you put in those incredible PANCAKES? At lunch we had so many choices from tasty fish tacos to hearty sanwiches. The Putanesca Pasta was my favorite for dinner and Jonathan loved your perfect Avocado Salad .
The staff really rounds out the entire experience. They practice the finer points of service without pretension. Your staff is so knowledgable and genuine- we were very impressed.
We enjoyed renting scooters in town and exploring the ruins and beaches. Magnificent!
Just writting this stirs memories of all of the beauty we enjoyed with you. I can still hear the waves crashing if I close my eyes. We want to tell everyone we know, yet we want no one to ever spoil our treasured Mayatulum.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mexico’s Maya Tulum Resort is a destination like no other - a vortex of natural energy and wonder. Located an hour and a half from Cancun on the sparkling waters of the Mexican Riviera, Maya Tulum Resort guests are encouraged to engage in a life-transformational yoga experience, indulge in healthy cuisine, be pampered by gifted healers and spend lazy afternoons basking alongside the azure waters of the Caribbean Sea. Maya Tulum Resort features two fully-equipped yoga halls offering classes twice daily under the skilled and gentle guidance of experienced teachers. Yoga classes are offered in many different styles and variations - including Hatha, Vinyasa, Iyengar and SUP Yoga - plus a variety of special yoga retreats. Maya Tulum Resort also offers outdoor oceanfront yoga, a Meditation Labyrinth and a Temazcal Sweat Lodge for traditional Mayan ceremonies. Maya Tulum Resort offers 49 spectacular thatched-roof guest accommodations, including Villas, Beach Front Cabanas and Ocean View Cabanas. Each secluded bungalow was designed to let in the light, fresh air and the soothing sounds of the ocean. Guests can enjoy immaculate beds with crisp white linens, well-appointed tiled bathrooms and daily maid service. To help guests truly retreat and disconnect, Maya Tulum Resort offers no televisions, phones or clocks in the guest rooms. Wireless Internet is available in the restaurant and at the Front Desk. Maya Tulum Resort features a seaside restaurant with cool marble floors, white limestone walls and enormous windows offering fantastic views of the turquoise Caribbean Sea. The restaurant serves a variety of fresh dishes for breakfast, lunch and dinner, including proteins, seafood and vegetarian meals, along with Americano coffee, fresh juices and a selection of house teas; a full bar is also offered. Great focus is placed on nutrition and meals are designed to accommodate a wide range of dietary preferences. Maya Tulum Resort features eight individual spa rooms specially designed to help guests find absolute peace of mind within the beauty and elegance of simplicity. Rooted in ancient inspiration, the resort offers a variety of relaxing spa treatments based on ancient Mayan specialties, including the Mayan Honey Xuunan Kab and a traditional Mayan Clay Massage. Additional options include Aromatherapy, Hot Stones Therapy, Reiki, facials, body treatments and exfoliations. Guests are encouraged to explore Mexico’s Yucatan Peninsula through a variety of guided half and full day adventure tours. Excursion options include visiting the Tulum Ruins or the Coba Ruins to learn about the ancient Mayan culture, snorkeling trips to a lagoon filled with tropical fish and coral formations or a tour of the Aktun Chen caverns followed by a cool, refreshing dip in the Xunaan-Ha Cenote. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Travelocity so you can book your Maya Tulum Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maya Tulum Retreat And Resort
- Maya Tulum Retreat Hotel Tulum
- Maya Tulum Retreat Resort