This February, my boyfriend and I took our first trip to Tulum and weren't sure what to expect. A friend had recommended Maya Tulum, but based on what I had read online, I had expected it to be very barebones (especially since it's recommended that you bring your own beach towels). But when we pulled up, I was instantly impressed! The landscaping of the resort is thoughtful and beautiful, but note overly manicured. Our room (#31, which was a garden room), was spacious and cool, with crisp white sheets, a nice tiled shower, nice bath products, and bright white towels. It was well-located and we didn't mind not being right on the beach at all.
I had read some reviews that mentioned tons of seaweed on the beach, but we didn't notice any when we were there (Feb 16-18). The part of the beach where Maya Tulum is located is quiet and protected by a group of rocks, so it feels very private, even though all the beaches in Tulum are public.
The activity at Maya Tulum does focus around yoga and I'd say most of the people there were women on yoga retreats. I did one class while I was there, but otherwise, we just relaxed and hung out on the beach, which was totally fine.
The food at the restaurant was only so-so, but there are so many dining options in Tulum that we actually liked going for walks and checking out some of the other places along the beach.
Can't wait to go back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mexico’s Maya Tulum Resort is a destination like no other - a vortex of natural energy and wonder. Located an hour and a half from Cancun on the sparkling waters of the Mexican Riviera, Maya Tulum Resort guests are encouraged to engage in a life-transformational yoga experience, indulge in healthy cuisine, be pampered by gifted healers and spend lazy afternoons basking alongside the azure waters of the Caribbean Sea. Maya Tulum Resort features two fully-equipped yoga halls offering classes twice daily under the skilled and gentle guidance of experienced teachers. Yoga classes are offered in many different styles and variations - including Hatha, Vinyasa, Iyengar and SUP Yoga - plus a variety of special yoga retreats. Maya Tulum Resort also offers outdoor oceanfront yoga, a Meditation Labyrinth and a Temazcal Sweat Lodge for traditional Mayan ceremonies. Maya Tulum Resort offers 49 spectacular thatched-roof guest accommodations, including Villas, Beach Front Cabanas and Ocean View Cabanas. Each secluded bungalow was designed to let in the light, fresh air and the soothing sounds of the ocean. Guests can enjoy immaculate beds with crisp white linens, well-appointed tiled bathrooms and daily maid service. To help guests truly retreat and disconnect, Maya Tulum Resort offers no televisions, phones or clocks in the guest rooms. Wireless Internet is available in the restaurant and at the Front Desk. Maya Tulum Resort features a seaside restaurant with cool marble floors, white limestone walls and enormous windows offering fantastic views of the turquoise Caribbean Sea. The restaurant serves a variety of fresh dishes for breakfast, lunch and dinner, including proteins, seafood and vegetarian meals, along with Americano coffee, fresh juices and a selection of house teas; a full bar is also offered. Great focus is placed on nutrition and meals are designed to accommodate a wide range of dietary preferences. Maya Tulum Resort features eight individual spa rooms specially designed to help guests find absolute peace of mind within the beauty and elegance of simplicity. Rooted in ancient inspiration, the resort offers a variety of relaxing spa treatments based on ancient Mayan specialties, including the Mayan Honey Xuunan Kab and a traditional Mayan Clay Massage. Additional options include Aromatherapy, Hot Stones Therapy, Reiki, facials, body treatments and exfoliations. Guests are encouraged to explore Mexico’s Yucatan Peninsula through a variety of guided half and full day adventure tours. Excursion options include visiting the Tulum Ruins or the Coba Ruins to learn about the ancient Mayan culture, snorkeling trips to a lagoon filled with tropical fish and coral formations or a tour of the Aktun Chen caverns followed by a cool, refreshing dip in the Xunaan-Ha Cenote. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Maya Tulum Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maya Tulum Retreat Hotel Tulum
- Maya Tulum Retreat And Resort
- Maya Tulum Retreat Resort