“Awesome Adventure!!”

Selva Maya Eco Adventure
Ranked #5 of 122 Outdoor Activities in Tulum
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Live your adventure!! In the middle of the exotic flora or Riviera Maya there lies a place where you can release your true Adventuring self. 7Km deep ride into the Mayan jungle. Enjoy a canopy of 9 ziplines and 5 hanging bridges, a pyramid for climbing, rappel down overlooking a cenote, Cenote for swimming, a cavern for snorkeling. Lunch included! Open Mon-Fri with tours going out at 9am and 1pm. WE ARE SELVA MAYA THE ORIGINAL MAYADVENTOUR!
Reviewed July 27, 2016

My husband and I had an amazing experience with the guys from Selva Maya!! This was our first vacation without children in more than 20 years. We decided that we wanted to do something new and exciting that would shock our sons back home. This half-day trip was perfect! We started out with Omar as our driver into the jungle. He, along with Jonathan, and the rest of the group were great! Everyone was very friendly, and I even learned a few Mayan phrases which I used during the rest of our vacation. Climbing up to the first zip line, I was starting to ask myself why we decided to do this. I am not a fan of heights, so I was very nervous. Omar told us that zip lines were like tequila, the first one is hard, but after that it gets easier! He was so right!! What an exhilarating experience! The staff was very conscientious about safety, which made us relax and enjoy ourselves. I ended up going upside down and free falling backward off the platform. It was great! My husband was less adventurous, choosing not to do the "challenges" on each zip line. The guys were supportive, but did't pressure anyone to do anything they weren't comfortable with, allowing everyone to enjoy themselves in a way they felt comfortable. We both had a great time! Next, we climbed a "pyramid" and rappelled down the other side. Special thanks to Jonathan for his assistance in hoisting me up the last couple of feet! This was my first attempt at a climbing wall, and I was pretty terrified at the top! Rappelling was fun, and I would have done that several more times, but it was time to move on to the cenotes. This was another first for us. Both cenotes were beautiful, but completely different. The water was clear and cold which was refreshing on such a hot day. Finally, lunch was very authentic: simple and delicious! Great pork and chicken tacos, all we cared to eat! This was a great experience which was made even better by the guides! I hope to come back next summer with at least one of our sons, and I will definitely book this tour again!! I would recommend Selva Maya to everyone!

1  Thank kbrooks2016
"delicious lunch"
"highlight of our trip"
"an amazing experience"

Reviewed July 23, 2016 via mobile

This is a must adventure if you visit Tulum - such an awesome day. Our family of 2 adults, 15 and 10year old girls throughly enjoyed this 4hour adventure - totally worth the 4000pesos we paid. You start with a 6km ride into the jungle (Mexicos version of the Cars ride at Disney) then head off into the jungle for 9 zip lines and 5 or so wobbly bridges - followed by a rock climb and belay down the otherside - this all taking a couple of hours - you are now truely ready for a swim as we visited in July and it's hot! We visited two cenotes with the last underground one being totally amazing - I have no words to describe - mind blowing! Crystal clear water with awesome formations on ceiling and floor. The water is cool and so refreshing not at all freezing. They supply masks and snorkels and underwater torches. Followed by traditional Mayan pork and Chicken Tacos which were delish. Our guide Johnathon was full of info and very accommodating and interesting. The zip lines were thrilling but pretty mild compared to what we have done (not super high off the ground) the highlight defiantly being the underground Cenote and the fact we had a private tour - no-one in site - we had everything to ourselves - which I hear is not the case at alot of the tours close by. Our girls loved the whole afternoon and I would love to go back again. Top marks Selva Maya - keep it real!

Reviewed July 21, 2016

We absolutely loved our time with the Selva Maya group!!! We visited in July 2016 and it was myself, my husband, and our four children ages 10-17. We started out with an ATV ride through the jungle to where we ate lunch, which was beyond delicious!! Jonathan and the group of guys were awesome!! They were so much fun and really made our day wonderful! We did zip-lining and bridges, rock climbing and rappelling, and the cenotes. The cenotes were a favorite!! We couldn't get over the beauty of them and the crystal clear water. I would highly recommend this tour to anyone looking for a fun day!!

Reviewed July 14, 2016

Our family of four adults visited Selva Maya and had an amazing day. We started the morning with an adventurous ride through the jungle in a converted VW bus, stopping along the way to catch a glimpse of wildlife, including a 5 foot snake. We had 8 people in our group which made the experience very personalized. After a bumpy 20 minute drive we arrived at the camp and were given a thorough safety lesson and were fitted with harnesses and helmets. The fun began as we went through the 9 zip lines and 5 challenge bridges. The staff was amazing, encouraging, and funny and I always felt very safe. After the exhilarating zip lining experience, we headed off through the jungle to climb the 'recreated' Mayan temple. Fun and surprisingly difficult to do, we made it to the top and prepared to rappel off the other side. Lots of fun! Next was a short walk to the first cenote which was refreshingly cool to swim in and explore. We then headed to the underground cenote, complete with bats, stalactites and fish. The guide lead us on a swim around the lighted pool. What an amazing place. We then walked back to the camp where we enjoyed a delicious lunch of pork and chicken tacos. We had the added bonus of being entertained by a green jungle snake threading its way through the rafters looking for a lizard for his lunch. We had an amazing time with the Selva Maya group and would highly recommend them. Their top priority was safety, they were very informative and they made sure that everyone on the tour was having a great time. I would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for a little adventure in the jungle!