“Selva Maya Rocks! :)”

Selva Maya Eco Adventure
Ranked #5 of 132 Outdoor Activities in Tulum
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Live your adventure!! In the middle of the exotic flora or Riviera Maya there lies a place where you can release your true Adventuring self. 7Km deep ride into the Mayan jungle. Enjoy a canopy of 9 ziplines and 5 hanging bridges, a pyramid for climbing, rappel down overlooking a cenote, Cenote for swimming, a cavern for snorkeling. Lunch included! Open Mon-Fri with tours going out at 9am and 1pm. WE ARE SELVA MAYA THE ORIGINAL MAYADVENTOUR!
Reviewed December 8, 2014

I went on a guided tour with Edventure Tours on Dec 1, 2014. The first stop on our tour was to Selva Maya! What an awesome time! We started with an ATV ride through the jungle (much longer than I anticipated!!). My husband really enjoyed driving and had to be told to slow down a few times :) When we arrived to the ziplining area we had the entire group of workers for our tiny group of 4! What an amazing group of guys they have working there! It's like hanging out with friends who happen to be locals. They were so friendly and extremeley helpful when it came to safety! It was our first time ziplining so was a little scared, but they made it so easy to forget that. After ziplining we did the rock climb and rapell. Going into it, I said there would be no way I'd do either. Well, I ended up doing them both. The guys were very encouraging so I had to at least try!

We also snorkeled the 2 cenotes they have onsite, another first for us. So amazingly beautiful, and again our guides were so tremendously helpul and knowledgeable! I never felt rushed and was able to take it all in.

We got very lucky as we were there early and had the entire group of workers to ourselves :) As we sat down to eat lunch a group of 26 arrived so I could see how a large group would cause a little more back ups. Lunch was very good, by the way! Pork and chicken tacos which were phenom! All you can eat!

I cannot say enough about all of the workers at this place. There were two in particular that stood out to us...we LOVED Raul and Omar. These guys really love what they do and it shows! Raul was with us almost the whole day and was 1 of 2 guides on our snorkeling portion of the day. He was a blast, loved him! Don't go back to banking Raul!! Omar was the most helpful and smiley guy on the ziplines. Tip these guys!!!! They deserve it.

Overall, such an amazing day and I'd love to go back some day! See my separate review (also amazing) on Edventure Tours.

All reviews
in 56 reviews
"blast"
in 38 reviews

Reviewed December 6, 2014 via mobile

I did zip lining, rock climbing, repelling and snorkelling the cenotes yesterday with this company and what an amazing day. They were fun, safe, professional and out my mind at ease when I was hesitant with the heights when zip lining (it was my first time) I couldn't recommend this company enough!

Reviewed December 1, 2014

This was a great experience for us.. the Ziplines and hanging bridges make it interesting. You should do the rockclimbing and rapelling if you have never done this before. Snorkeling in the Cenote is another great experience. We were vegetarian and were provided a unique lunch with Cactus which was another first for us. Raoul, Marco and team are some of the nicest people in the area and take great care of you. Some trips also have ATV rides included and that makes it a really interesting day here. We tried Ziplining else where and as we had already done it here, that was not scary - these guys make you feel so comfortable that its easy to trust them.

Reviewed November 30, 2014 via mobile

We just went to Selva Maya last week and had a great time. We booked an excursion through Edventures and they take you to Selva Maya for a 6 person Polaris ride about 4.5 miles into the jungle, the zip lining, rock climbing and rappelling, Mayan lunch, and cenote swim.

First, the staff were fun, knowledgeable, and extremely safe. The equipment was great and they make you feel safe at all times. While ziplining, you are hooked to something at all times so you cannot fall. The zip line circuit was a lot of fun! Not very high but a great loop in the middle of the jungle. Cool views.

The Polaris ride was fun and lunch was good.

The cenotes were small but still cool. I was very much looking forward to snorkeling the cenotes in Mexico and was disappointed that we didn't go to a larger cenote as the two at selva maya are pretty small, especially the closed cenote.

A suggestion: group sizes should remain small. There were 15 of us paired together and it took way too long waiting to do the rock climbing and rappelling. You climb up and rapel down once and we were there for almost an hour. Really cut into the rest of the activities (akumal bay and yal ku snorkeling with Edventures).

Overall it was a great experience and the staff were fantastic. Would highly recommend. Would be 5 stars if the cenotes were a little larger and the groups were a little smaller.

Also Cesar was a great zip lining instructor and guide. Try to go when he is working.