All reviews our honeymoon extra fans boutique hotel rooms are gorgeous every morning ocean front beach bag pleasure of staying deep tissue massage garden view ceviche ocean breeze couples massage private beach beach road the entire staff falling asleep
Reviewed September 8, 2018 via mobile

My friend and I stayed at a different hotel, but came to Encantada based upon reading about the hotel’s authentic Yucatán cuisine. Keep in mind that the hotel now has a dinner restaurant across the street, Nu, but this review is for the hotel’s lunch menu.

We were served by Carlos, who was extremely helpful and knowledgeable about all the menu options and gave us great recommendations on what to try. We ended up with three orders of tacos: one was a fresh catch of the day fish taco, the traditional Yucatán pulled pork (Cochinita Pibil), and a mushroom one. The fish tacos were my favorite, but all three were excellent. The tacos’ corn tortillas were the best ones I’ve ever eaten anywhere. They were so soft and fluffy and tasted homemade. We were told they were made right on the premises.

My only regret was that I didn’t eat more! It was affordable, delicious and filling, and in my opinion better quality than some of the most expensive dinner restaurants we tried — Arca and Nu included.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with friends
YvesN128, Propietario at Encantada Tulum, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2018

Thank you so much for such kind words! We are so glad to hear our concept, and restaurant fulfilled your expectations. We truly appreciate the time you took to share your experience, If you like you can share it at (Encantada Tulum Restaurant's profile). It would be a pleasure having you next time!

Reviewed September 2, 2018

Had an amazing (but short) stay at Encantada while in Tulum and it absolutely did not disappoint. Encantada is in a nice central location in relation to all of the other hotels and restaurants down the main beachfront strip in Tulum. It's within walking/biking distance to several hotspots, but also far enough away from the hustle and bustle that you can enjoy your night with the windows and doors open, listening to the waves. We stayed in a beach view room and not a beachfront room but our view was outstanding and I can't imagine that there's a bad view in any of the eight rooms. Alex is THE BEST staff member I've ever experienced while traveling in Mexico. There was nothing that we asked that she did not make happen very quickly and with a smile. It's true that the seaweed is a little out of hand in all of Tulum now but Encantada cleaned the seaweed from the beachfront regularly so that it wasn't overwhelming. My regret is that we couldn't stay longer. Hope to see you soon Alex!!

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
Sven S, Propietario at Encantada Tulum, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2018

We really appreciate that you took the time to write this review, and we are so glad that you enjoyed your time with us! I will make sure to pass on your comments to Alex and all the team, this will make them proud and keep them motivated to provide genuine attention.

Reviewed September 2, 2018

This is my second visit to Encantada. The first time 4 years ago I stayed in Cielo and this time in Estrella, both times 9 nights which give ample time to see what this little gem can do to stressed souls. My husband and I travel a lot and I have to say it's hands down the best sleeping experience we've ever had. I don't know if it's the breeze from the ocean, the huge, soft bed, hearing the waves crash into the beach but we slept like babies throughout. The rooms aren't huge but they have everything you need. And a boutique hotel, means they are able to custom for you. I can't have smelly cleaning products in the room or perfumes so they were able to not clean with anything that smelled and left the air freshener out. Encantada is situated at one of the best beach areas in Tulum and it's great for swimming. I had 3-4 massages, all of high quality and loved the little palapa almost on the beach. This time they were better at paying attention when non-guests tried to grab a sun chair and gently asked them to move. The breakfasts are to die for in the morning and the guacamole is something we still reminisce about. The food and management was much better this year and we might come back for Easter next year as well. I do see that Encantada is hitting a price range where it's starting to be a bit too much for the value/experience and I hope they aren't pricing themselves out of the market. Apart from that, just go to Encantada and stay for as long as you can, you won't regret it!

• Stayed: April 2018, traveled as a couple
Yves N, Propietario at Encantada Tulum, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2018

Thank you very much for taking the time to share such a comprehensive and kind review. It is so good to know you enjoyed the beach, amenities, breakfast, and our helpful service. It would be great to have you again and again!

Reviewed September 2, 2018 via mobile

We can’t recommned this place enough.
The service was just top class.
They ocean views, the food!
Everything they recommended was amazing - except for the Temazcal - I had a Temazcal experience last year therefore I wanted my partner to try it and we got sent to essentially a scam artist - but we told the hotel and they apologised and said they would never send they guests there again ...so yeah beware of that.
Other than that everything was exceptional and we had the best honeymoon we could hope for.
The sunscreen and mosquito replant is a lovely touch and they smell lovely!

Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gabriela G
Sven S, Propietario at Encantada Tulum, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience! It is an absolute honor to read every aspect of your stay was of your total satisfaction, making this the perfect destination for you and your couple. We are sorry to hear your experience at the temazcal was not of your total satisfaction, and as mentioned before, we won´t recomend it anymore. It would be a pleasure to see you next time!

Reviewed August 30, 2018

We had the best time at Encantada. The staff were all warm and very helpful! Carlos took amazing care of us. The room was perfect with the most comfortable bed. Every detail exceeded our expectations.

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank miriam13h

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. We are glad your room and bed were of your total satisfaction. The team will be pleased to read your feedback!