Encantada Tulum
Ranked #1 of 99 Hotels in Tulum
Reviewed August 21, 2014

This place gets it ALL right - beautifully designed rooms, foot bath at edge of private front porch, VERY comfortable bed, candles to enhance the romantic ambiance after dark, friendly and accomodating staff, great food, talented live entertainment (classical Spanish guitarist one night, jazz pianist/composer from Argentina the next), bee friendly organic toiletries, and plenty of comfortable lounge chairs with palapas on that gorgeous pristine white sand beach. Breakfast was just right for us - excellent coffee, yogurt, homemade granola, yummy breads, and assortment of locally grown fruits all nicely presented . . . but you can order a cooked breakfast if you prefer. You won't want to leave the hotel, but there is plenty to do nearby - Tulum ruins down the road, yoga classes, cool artsy shops, cenotes to swim in, Mayan ruins at Coba, Sian Ka'an eco tours, Punta Allen, etc. And if you can make time for a therapeutic massage, I highly recommend Erica!

Room Tip: I think all the rooms face the ocean to catch the breeze off the water. We had a garden room and cou...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
6  Thank lghammond

Reviewed August 21, 2014

I stayed at the Encantada with my boyfriend in August. We had the best time, hotel staff is so friendly they truly go above and beyond to make you feel like you're in your own home. Javier is the sweetest and really made our trip that much more special. The grounds are beautiful and well taken care of. The food was the best we had while in tulum.. We ate at a few different places then would always wish we had just stayed at the Encantada because it's the best! The rooms are beautifully decorated. The beach is perfect! I could go on and on and on about the Encantada.. It was truly a dream.

• Stayed: August 2014
3  Thank Jamie K
Reviewed August 20, 2014

Great boutique hotel.
Wonderful Room with amazing view on the beach/sea/sunrise. One of the best we ever had.
Very very nice and friendly service.

Too bad that restaurant does not have sea view (but there is one "romantic table" overseeing the sea".

Wifi is ok at the bar/restaurant, but useless in the room we had.

Room Tip: Really go for the Sea View rooms, with preference on Top Rooms. Garden View rooms have almost not vi...
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
5  Thank Philippe-Chauffard
Reviewed August 17, 2014

We only booked to stay at Encantada for one night before we moved onto another hotel on the beach. Oh how we wish we had just stayed here.

The room. Amazing.
The food. Delicious.
The staff. Lovely.
The hammocks. Oh yes.

Stay here if you can.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Pete H
Reviewed August 16, 2014

My husband and I first stayed at Encantada two years ago and we clearly felt that we had discovered a bit of heaven on earth! We couldn't wait until we could visit again. We were excited to return, and we did so this past month. But I must say there was a bit of anxiety as to whether we would be able to capture that same experience once again. Amazing! The staff actually remembered us and couldn't have been more welcoming. Our vacation was beyond beautiful. We enjoyed the serenity of our room, the kindness of the staff, and the welcoming waters of the Caribbean. With a new and expanded menu and the addition of live music our dining was truly indulgent. Once again, I cannot say enough about Encantada. The owners and staff truly deserve being rated #1! Thank you Lisa and Mike for giving us such beautiful memories. I honestly feel that this past vacation was the best in my life!

Room Tip: There is not a bad room in Encantada, but a top floor would be my first choice. Enjoy!
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kate F
lisa m, Owner at Encantada Tulum, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2014

Thank you so much Kate for your lovely review. It was a pleasure meeting both you and your husband. I'm so glad we did not disappoint for your 2nd stay and that you enjoyed the new menu and live music! We hope you will both be able to come back again soon. Thank you again!

Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

Folks - it is an idyllic place: be it location, quality, staff, food, you name it. Highly recommended and worth these extra kudos. It is so good you hardly accept any lower standard afterwards, so be careful :)
Plus you get free Prosecco bottle on arrival...

Stayed: June 2014
4  Thank TomaszTasty
Reviewed July 22, 2014

I have never stayed anywhere that compares to Encantada! Every detail thought of for the utmost comfort! The most attentive and friendly staff. I was pampered from the moment I arrived and didn't want to leave. The food and drinks were outstanding...loved the authentic cuisine! I indulged in a facial and massage that was so rejuvenating. The pictures don't do the resort and beachfront justice...it is truly a slice of paradise.

Room Tip: I loved staying in Estrella, but they are all nice.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family