Encantada Tulum
$641
$392
Zamas(Tulum)
$164
All reviewsour honeymooncielo roomextra fansrefilled dailyboutique hotelrooms are gorgeousthe lack of air conditioningevery morningbeachfront roombeach bagocean frontbottom floorgarden viewpleasure of stayingyogurtthe entire staffpristine beach
Reviewed April 5, 2013

We stayed here for a week and enjoyed every minute. Excellent service and beautiful local. The staff was very helpful, friendly and English fluent. The hotel is on the quiet end of the Playa road which we really liked.

Room Tip: No pool or fitness center.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Jeff P
Reviewed April 1, 2013

One might say I obsess over planning a vacation. I look for special places to stay while traveling. I was lucky enough to find encantada, and I'm so very glad I did. My husband and I recently had the pleasure of staying in a lower beach front room for 3 nights for our honeymoon. The staff made sure our stay was perfect, from welcome cocktails, food, drinks, massages, bike use, transportation..you name it they will help. Everyone was so nice and friendly, many thanks to Nikki, Carlos, Jose, and Ismail for everything. We were lucky enough to use the spa services and were very pleased with our massages. We wish we could have had one everyday! The food was delicious, breakfast being sufficient consisted of coffee, granola, yogurt, fresh fruit and homemade breads. They also had other items to order. The guacamole and picante were very tasty as well. I could go on and on about everything...but I do not want to spoil everyone with delight. Our stay at Encantada was the highlight of our weeklong vacation in the Rivera Maya. We did not want to go to Playa del Carmen after staying here and knew our last days would not top the service, location or quality. I can't wait to come back!

Room Tip: Any of the rooms are close enough to the beach. The beachfront rooms allow you to lay in bed and stare directly out into the ocean. We would have gladly stayed in any of the other rooms.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Earlth241002
Reviewed March 31, 2013

This hotel is all about the guest rooms (there are, I think, only 8), which are all beach-facing. We had Cielo, a second-floor room (I'd recommend you ask for one of these) with a 180-degree view of the beach and a big private terrace wiht deck chairs. The rooms are spacious with three sliding doors that open so you can feel the ocean breeze, but are screened to prevent mosquitoes getting in. The rooms are well appointed, including hand-powered flashlights (essential when walking on the beach or road at night), toiletries, massive beach and bath towels, and a basin to wash the sand from your feet before you walk into your room.

The location is perfect. The rooms were quiet, and the beach by the hotel deserted--this is the perfect spot; not too close to the action to be loud, but close enough that it's easy to get to when you're ready. The water is warm and inviting, and the hotel provides beach chairs, umbrellas, and chair-side bar service.

The service was excellent. We were having trouble with our wireless service at one point, and the staff let us use their computer to check in for our flights and print off some things we needed. They have bicycles (with locks) you can borrow for free, which is perfect for getting to town or to the ruins. We had no trouble booking taxis or getting great advice where to eat. The staff are friendly and eager to please.

This is a small, intimate, minimalist resort. There is no pool or fitness center or elaborate spa (they do offer massages, though). If you are a couple looking for a quiet, romantic place to escape from the world, this is an exceptional place to go.

My one other piece of advice for Tulum: avoid the bank machines on the main drag of Boca Paila Road, near Mateo's. We had both our cards skimmed there, and one week after getting home, $1200 was taken out of our accounts. There are bank machines in Tulum town that are safer.

Room Tip: Ask for a second-floor room; they have slightly better views of the beach.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ontheroadalot212
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Thank you very much for making our trip a special memory. This is a wonderful place and it has ruined our old favorites of Tulum for us. Going from here to our usual Tulum hotel was an eye-opening experience.

We'll be back.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SenorFeliz
Reviewed March 18, 2013

My husband and I spent 4 nights on our honeymoon here and it would have to be one of the best hotels we have stayed in. The resort was so authentic, natural and felt like heaven on earth. I ordered a coconut cocktail and they cut the coconut fresh from the tree!!the food was amazing, the massages were divine and the staff were humble and friendly. An intimate boutique hotel that I would return to in a heartbeat!!

Room Tip: Beach Front lower ground room
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple