New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“This could be para para paradise” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Encantada Tulum

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tulum
Encantada Tulum
You added Encantada Tulum to your Saves list
Ranked #1 of 87 Hotels in Tulum
Madison, Wi
“This could be para para paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

One might say I obsess over planning a vacation. I look for special places to stay while traveling. I was lucky enough to find encantada, and I'm so very glad I did. My husband and I recently had the pleasure of staying in a lower beach front room for 3 nights for our honeymoon. The staff made sure our stay was perfect, from welcome cocktails, food, drinks, massages, bike use, transportation..you name it they will help. Everyone was so nice and friendly, many thanks to Nikki, Carlos, Jose, and Ismail for everything. We were lucky enough to use the spa services and were very pleased with our massages. We wish we could have had one everyday! The food was delicious, breakfast being sufficient consisted of coffee, granola, yogurt, fresh fruit and homemade breads. They also had other items to order. The guacamole and picante were very tasty as well. I could go on and on about everything...but I do not want to spoil everyone with delight. Our stay at Encantada was the highlight of our weeklong vacation in the Rivera Maya. We did not want to go to Playa del Carmen after staying here and knew our last days would not top the service, location or quality. I can't wait to come back!

Room Tip: Any of the rooms are close enough to the beach. The beachfront rooms allow you to lay in bed and sta...
4 Thank Earlth241002

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

This hotel is all about the guest rooms (there are, I think, only 8), which are all beach-facing. We had Cielo, a second-floor room (I'd recommend you ask for one of these) with a 180-degree view of the beach and a big private terrace wiht deck chairs. The rooms are spacious with three sliding doors that open so you can feel the ocean breeze, but are screened to prevent mosquitoes getting in. The rooms are well appointed, including hand-powered flashlights (essential when walking on the beach or road at night), toiletries, massive beach and bath towels, and a basin to wash the sand from your feet before you walk into your room.

The location is perfect. The rooms were quiet, and the beach by the hotel deserted--this is the perfect spot; not too close to the action to be loud, but close enough that it's easy to get to when you're ready. The water is warm and inviting, and the hotel provides beach chairs, umbrellas, and chair-side bar service.

The service was excellent. We were having trouble with our wireless service at one point, and the staff let us use their computer to check in for our flights and print off some things we needed. They have bicycles (with locks) you can borrow for free, which is perfect for getting to town or to the ruins. We had no trouble booking taxis or getting great advice where to eat. The staff are friendly and eager to please.

This is a small, intimate, minimalist resort. There is no pool or fitness center or elaborate spa (they do offer massages, though). If you are a couple looking for a quiet, romantic place to escape from the world, this is an exceptional place to go.

My one other piece of advice for Tulum: avoid the bank machines on the main drag of Boca Paila Road, near Mateo's. We had both our cards skimmed there, and one week after getting home, $1200 was taken out of our accounts. There are bank machines in Tulum town that are safer.

Room Tip: Ask for a second-floor room; they have slightly better views of the beach.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
2 Thank ontheroadalot212
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Thank you very much for making our trip a special memory. This is a wonderful place and it has ruined our old favorites of Tulum for us. Going from here to our usual Tulum hotel was an eye-opening experience.

We'll be back.

1 Thank SenorFeliz
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

My husband and I spent 4 nights on our honeymoon here and it would have to be one of the best hotels we have stayed in. The resort was so authentic, natural and felt like heaven on earth. I ordered a coconut cocktail and they cut the coconut fresh from the tree!!the food was amazing, the massages were divine and the staff were humble and friendly. An intimate boutique hotel that I would return to in a heartbeat!!

Room Tip: Beach Front lower ground room
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
1 Thank Sophie G
New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I have never left a review for any hotel or resort I have stayed at, but in this case, I have to make an exception. I'm torn, because I don't want to make this lovely property too popular, I want to keep it my own little secret. Then again, I want to share it with everybody! Great rooms. [only eight of them] Wonderful staff. Excellent food. And best of all...quiet. The rooms are a nice size and cozy. The grounds are well maintained and did I mention...quiet. My wife and I stayed for 8 nights. Sadly, it was not enough. If you ever entertained the idea of going to Tulum, I can recommend no better place then Encantada. Thanks, Mike, Lisa, Lena, Maria, Carlos and the rest of the Encantada family. We miss you already !! Bobby

Room Tip: Get a ocean front room if you can, but all rooms have wonderful views.
2 Thank Robert S
lisa m, Owner at Encantada Tulum, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you so much Robert for your kind review. We loved having you and Anna stay with us and really appreciate your "sharing us" with others! We hope you will be able to stay with us again in the future. Best Wishes!
minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

The rooms are gorgeous, comfortable and well done. You feel very special since this is a small boutique hotel, yet not smothered.
The food is fabulous and is obviously made with pride and care. We had tortilla soup that had a great assortment of of things to drop in the bowl such as tortilla strips, strips of dried chilies, lime, etc. The jicama salad was fantastic and I would go back for that any day! Well, I'd go back for many reasons any day. We had handmade sopes with a Oaxacan Cheese that was so tasty and could have been our meal on it's own.
We had a few cocktails and wine. We noticed they really put a lot into their choices of tequila's and serve there house tequila with pride. We had their signature Encantada drink that I would love to steal the recipe for. All I know is that it's tequila and pineapple and it was very yummy. I also know those drinks helped me relax ever more so! I think even if you did not stay at Encatada their menu is worth checking out. Jose did a great job of serving us and you can see he loves being behind the bar and perfecting his trade! He shook our hands as we left and we knew and felt from the whole staff including Lena the manager that they really were happy to serve us and share this little piece of paradise with us. Because we were only there two days and we had lots of relaxing and other things to do I did not get in a massage that I really wanted. But I did sneak a peek into the "spalapa" I think they called and met Ericka the massage therapist. Next time! It looked so relaxing!
Thank you Encatada staff!

3 Thank blooney
Central Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Encantada is an intimate group of 8 rooms grouped around a garden of palms and facing the beach. We began our stay in the second floor ocean-front room. The view is breathtaking. We knew we would be moving to the second floor ocean view room in a few days. In the first, I watched the sun rise each morning and listened to the waves crash on the shore. The second room did not overlook the ocean, but we could see the water, and it was a little more protected from the wind. I felt that the second floor was more private. The rooms have an extremely comfortable platform queen bed. They are all identical in layout, each with unique touches of art and humor. One would be lucky to stay in any of them.
The owners have thought of everything that can make your stay the most pleasant possible. Two adjustable reading lamps are positioned on the head board of the bed. Candles in protective glass become your night light. A small flashlight is provided for walking on the beach or on the road at night. A large beach bag and beach towels are for your use while visiting. A continental breakfast of fresh fruit, yogurt and home made granola, fresh baked goods, fresh-squeezed juice, and excellent Italian coffee (your first large coffee is included) welcomes you each morning, served on lovely Mexican stoneware. There was no problem having early coffee and then eating our breakfast a little later. The restaurant/bar is an indoor-outdoor area at the edge of the garden. Happy Hour was every day from 2 to 5 PM. We had lunch and dinner several times at the hotel, and were amazed at how delicious and nicely served the meals were, Twice we listened to live acoustic guitar while we ate. We tried many other restaurants in the area, yet enjoyed our very own Encantada meals the most. The beach has 6 shady palapas with comfortable chaises for hotel use. Bikes were available and fun to use, and the staff graciously adjusted the seats.
I felt that the staff would do whatever it could to make us feel welcome and enjoy our stay. I highly commend the no smoking policy of the property. What a pleasure to be on your own balcony, and not be concerned that someone's smoke will invade your space!
This is a beautiful place with an artistic attention to detail and hospitality.

Room Tip: All 8 rooms are beautiful, the view from the ocean front is exquisite. All rooms are very private...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple