“Amazing stay”

Poznan
“Amazing stay”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Zrecenzowano: 10 maj 2009

We recently had the pleasure of staying at Encantada for 8 days. This tiny 8 room new hotel and right on the beach.Calm and quiet. The rooms are very clean and freshly decorated, we love Talavera ceramic in the room and in the restaurant. When you opened eyes each morning and saw the ocean at feet, the pelicans fishing or hummingbird on the palm tree, you can feel as in heaven. The staff are wonderful, especially Carlos and Jose, the waiters but also in reception. Delicious continental brekfast with fresh fruits. It is a wonderful place to have as the home base for your exploration of some great places like Coba, Tulum, Sia'n Kaan, Muyil, fascinating cenotes and much more. We walked a lot along the beach and our impression was the Encantada is the most pleasant place in this part of Tulum. ( No TV we didn.'t need it but perfect wi-fi).
We dream to go back!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Joan_m09

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
London
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I stayed at Encantada for 6 nights and had a wonderful break. I've stayed in quite a few places on Tulum beach over the years, and this is among the best Tulum has to offer. I travelled alone and stayed in a garden view ... all the rooms here are amazing and beautifully kitted out ... save for view, there isn't much that separates them in terms of layout and decor. The beach is a heart beat away whether you are ocean front, ocean view or garden view. The food is great ... a continental breakfast is included which is delicious and light. Both lunch, dinner and drinks equally delicious and the service attentive but appropriately understated. I've never encountered any problems in Tulum ... but with a guard on site at night, a safe in room and effective door locks, you feel very secure in paradise which was a significant plus point for me.

I've read some of the other reviews on here ... those who have expectations of air con should maybe avoid this strip of beach as it is off the electricity network so air con really is the exception rather than the rule. You get used to it and there are many more room ceiling fans than in comparable accommodation ... as usual, I slept soundly over the covers. I didn't find the room dark ... the reading lights above the bed provide great light and can be redirected around the bedroom. The lighting in the hallway and bathroom area is excellent. The prices are commensurate with what Encantada offers as a package ... I don't expect five star accommodation but food and drink at three star prices. Whilst it may be that Encantada could be a bit more competitive ... there is a lot of choice on the strip and with Be Tulum, Casa Banana and Casa Violeta within walking distance, there is no reason not to strike out for a walk and to spread your business around. I moved to Encantada from Dreams Tulum where I stayed for 7 nights which was all inclusive ... both offer a different Tulum experience, but Encantada and this stretch of Tulum beach are head and shoulders above the large hotel chains on the outskirts of Tulum town notwithstanding the unlimited flow of food, drink and air con these have to offer. The only reason I was there so long was the absence of anywhere good to stay on this side of Tulum ...

I'd highly recommend a massage ... I had two 90 minute massages ... the deep tissue and the verbena ... both amazing ... although I'm not sure I'd recommend a deep tissue the morning after an evening of margaritas in Charlies Bar in town.

The only thing I'd change is to move check out from 11am to midday ... I've never had an 11am checkout before and this should really go. Thankfully, I checked out at midday ... but I'd rather not need to negotiate what I consider to be an industry norm (checkout midday ... checkin 3pm). In terms of a tweak, I'd delink the happy hour offer of drinks from food ... it will likely boost takings and be less effort. I loved the room layout and managed to find similar bed runners in town in Mixik (see the room pics) to take back home to London ... but not the cushion covers (where did you source these?!) ... so I settled for a beautiful quilt in the same style.

And finally, I'd like the duck that used to fly in every evening and take up watch outside my door to make a return ... she was a rather unique watchduck! x DT

Room Tip: All rooms are equally beautiful ... and a matter of steps from the ocean. All that sets them apart i...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank HellattheHudson
Poznan, Poland
Reviewed January 25, 2013

The hotel is very nice and quiet. It is near the sea and on a bueatiful beach.
The room is good nicely decorated.We were in "Luna" and we had a sea view.
The staff is very kind and friendly.The hotel is small has 8 rooms so not too much people are there.
Mostly the ground aroun the hotel is coveredby sand so people walk barefoot.
The food in the hotel is good and the bar too. You can eat or drinck in the room or at the beach.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Julia M
London
Reviewed January 23, 2013

My partner and I stayed at Encantada for 5 nights and had an absolutely wonderful time. We stayed in Flores which was the least expensive room set at the back near the restaurant but it was extremely peaceful and we were more than happy with it. You can see the ocean from the room and you step right out onto the sand which is lovely. You are literally 30 seconds from the beach.

The room was beautifully furnished with an incredibly comfortable bed with quality linen raised high so that you have a nice view through the wraparound windows. There isn't air conditioning but we were just cool enough - I'm not sure what it would be like in a hotter season. For the price I would expect air conditioning but we knew that it wasn't included so it was fine.

The staff were great and the massages were amazing.

My only criticisms would be that the lights in the bedroom were too dim. It made the room feel gloomy at night which was a shame because it is such a beautiful room. I did ask for an extra lamp but we were only offered candles which didn't make much difference. The other slight niggle was regarding the food. A nice basic breakfast is included (fruit, yoghurt, toast, cake, fruit juice and coffee) but if you want eggs they are at an extra cost. I knew about this in advance so had expected to pay a little extra to top up the breakfast (as I don't like cereal or yoghurt) but the extra orders of eggs were expensive, more than a whole set menu in other places we went to in Mexico. I think for the price of the hotel eggs or hot dishes should be included or at the very least discounted for guests. The food and drinks also seemed very expensive to us and put us off eating in the restaurant. We did have some cocktails and snacks which were very good (the best margaritas we had in two weeks) but we felt that they were expensive. Even at happy hour you had to order food to be able to benefit from the happy hour drinks. This was a shame as we like to order drinks and snacks at sundown.

However this did not deter from an incredible stay at Encantada right on the beach in a beautiful comfortable room with amazing staff. We had done a lot of research before we booked the hotel and after seeing the other options we had considered, we felt that we had made the perfect choice in choosing Encantada.

Highly recommended.

Room Tip: If you can afford it go for the top level beach front room but if not all rooms are very good.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Cheekybecki
lisa m, Owner at Encantada Tulum, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Hi Becky,
Thank you so much for writing your review. I'm glad you were very happy with the hotel and room and staff and I really appreciate your suggestions. We tried to keep the lighting in the rooms low-key and romantic with candles but it can be a bit dark in the evening so we will see about adding an optional brighter light. Also, I think your suggestion about discounted appetizers at happy hour with or without our 2x1 drink pricing is great. I'm glad you loved the margaritas! and hope you will come back and enjoy them again someday! Thank you again for staying at encantada!
Parker, Colorado, United States
Reviewed January 22, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Encantada this past December celebrating a belated honeymoon and my birthday. The staff were so welcoming and accommodating. The room (Cielo) was beyond our expectations as well as the restaurant and service. We certainly appreciated the small number of rooms and no young children to fully enjoy a romantic experience. We echo the previous reviewers comments and willl definitely stay here again if we ever make it back to Tulum!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank pcmfo
New York City, New York
Reviewed January 20, 2013

I've stayed at encantada twice now and each time was absolutely wonderful. The hotel ,everyone that works there and the location could not be faulted. I stayed in sol and cielo and both were as lovely as the other. The rooms are beautifully decorated with so much attention to detail , the restaurant delightful and I would not hesitate in recommending it.... In fact I have and everyone I know who has stayed there feels the same way I've stayed at other places in tulum but this was by far the best... Could hardly bear to leave and shall be returning very soon
Vicky

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Vicky H
lisa m, Owner at Encantada Tulum, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Hi Vicky,
I'm SO glad you had a wonderful stay. We were very happy to have you return for another visit. I'm glad you like both of your rooms! We tried to make all our rooms similar on the inside, comfortable and luxurious, yet with individual touches. I'm so happy that you enjoyed the beautiful beach and felt welcomed by our terrific staff. They make all the difference.
We hope to have you back again, soon!
West Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed January 20, 2013

My wife and I just got back from our stay. The room, services, staff and views exceeded our expectations. The staff was very welcoming and we were treated like family. Food was exceptional. The location was convenient, yet also provided a sense of solitude. The beach was only a few steps away and was not crowded.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple