“Super quick, yummy, well-priced food.”

Restaurante Frosty's
Ranked #200 of 396 Restaurants in Tulum
Cuisines: Mexican
Dubuque, Iowa
“Super quick, yummy, well-priced food.”
Reviewed July 14, 2014

This restaurant was recommended by our tour guide doing our excursion to the ruins. He told us the food was extremely quick, delicious, and affordable. He was absolutely correct.

We only had a very little bit of time before our bus was heading out. Our food was out in under two minutes and was hot. The chips and salsa were very good. Watch out for the salsa called "ai-yi-yi" as it was super spicy but oh so tasty. My husband had a couple of local beers. I just had a water since it was so hot that day. The servers were friendly and were really running their butts off. I was so hot that I was having a hard time finishing my three chicken enchiladas (a recommended dish that I probably would have just called chicken soft shell tacos), but they quickly boxed up what I had left and had me on my way in no time when they saw I was leaving without finishing my meal. I was able to finish it up on the air-conditioned bus about half an hour later, and it was still pretty tasty.

Not sure how people are complaining about the portions or prices. We thought both were spot on, especially for an area that is so touristy. Enjoy!!! We would definitely stop back.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Shawni_and_Buck

New Orleans, Louisiana
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“lost or stolen tablet”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

my family enjoyed the food but our tablet notebook was stolen at the restaurant. anyone finding this tablet a cash reward will be given. also do anyone have the phone number to frosty's
we were with a carnival cruise line excursion on November 29, 2013 and bus #13.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank tracy m
Seattle, Washington
“So very good”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

By the time we'd gotten back to the restaurant from the Mayan ruins, we were famished. We were hot, tired, and were ready for some local food. The area this restaurant is at has a Subway and Dairy Queen... but we were in Mexico! All about trying the local food.

We started off with a local beer. My mom and I both enjoyed it and we aren't normally beer drinkers. We both ordered the beef taco plates. Three large beef (soft) tacos on the plate along with a bean dip and a few chips as well as some rice. The salsa that came with them on the side was spicy but amazing. Wish I had had the room to pack the little down that was left after all was said and done. Before we'd finished our tacos though our beers were gone so we decided to tackle some margaritas while we were in Mexico too. These were also really good.

Some folks are saying the price they paid for the food versus what they got was disappointing. Perhaps it's changed, but I felt like this meal I got more than the moneys worth. The local beer was a lot cheaper than the margarita, but the margarita was worth it too. Money was well spent compared to some of the food on the Carnival ship. Would gladly pay it again to have some of that food on the ship itself, haha.

Our guide Pamela directed us here, and to be honest glad she did. I really enjoyed it.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank MukuSix
Hilton Head, South Carolina
“Pay with Cash!!! Card got ripped off after using it for Lunch.”
Reviewed December 24, 2012

Had the fish tacos - so, so...... the soft taco is loaded with tiny pieces of fish, and a little sauce. Have had better made tacos, and tastier ones. The cost was a little on the high side. Our tour guide, Pamela was the one that recommended this place... I agree with the other review about eating on the ship.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank jane s
South Carolina
“Not worth the money..”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

The food was not bad, but for $16.00 there was very little on the plate. We order the Fish Tacos, which came with rice and beans. On the plate was 2 small tacos with a little fish, a teaspoon of beans and a little rice. If you are traveling from a cruise ship, wait to get back to the ship and eat.

Visited September 2012