“Friendly atmosphere, delicious seafood--MUST EAT HERE!”

Los Aguachiles Tulum
Ranked #68 of 425 Restaurants in Tulum
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: We love beer and fresh seafood!!
Reviewed August 19, 2013

My cousin who is a chef told me I couldn't miss eating here. We had the aguachiles win the mustard habanero sauce which is served cold on a bed of lime soaked cucumbers and topped with sheer deliciousness I couldn't remember. We also had fish tacos, a smoked tuna tostada, and a special rice that was like mayan paella. Wash it all down with perfect jamaica (hibiscus tea), or a free beer you'll get for arriving on a bike :)

This place is romantic as in it will create a beautiful food memory that you will always share, but it is very casual as far as special occasions go.

Hands down one of our favorite meals out of three weeks in Mexico!

1  Thank gloobalgal

Reviewed August 16, 2013

We are big time Chicago foodies, and we were SO impressed by this place! We actually ended up going twice, despite having a long list of places we wanted to try.

Not only is the food outstanding, but the service and atmosphere were the best we found in Tulum!

You must get the fish tacos, the raw tuna tostadas, and the black beans with chicharones.

We are back in Chicago now, and I so wish we could have just one more lunch at Los Aguachiles!

1  Thank emiliewasmyeve
Reviewed August 11, 2013

The fish tacos were mouth watering! It was the kind of fish tacos we had been seeking...healthy, simple, and delicious. The guacamole was great too! Really enjoyed their different homemade sauces.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

We actually ate at the one in Playa del Carmen so this review assumes that the Tulum restaurant serves the same quality food. I have it on good authority (my Mexican girlfriend) that this is real Mexican food (as opposed to the "tex-mex" you get in Canada...she had never actually heard of a 'chimichanga' until we met!)

We had an aguachile with scallops and shrimp (prawns) and it was probably the best-tasting fish dish I had during my entire stay in Mexico. If you don't like seafood, don't go. I'm not sure they have anything else.

1  Thank Dave F
Reviewed June 27, 2013

We ate here on the advice of a local - amazing. The food was so fresh, everything that came out was better than the last (pulpo and shrimp tempura appetizer - out of this world). I would recommend this to anyone going through Tulum.

1  Thank Meg S