“How did I miss this” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Los Aguachiles Tulum

Los Aguachiles Tulum
Ranked #70 of 384 Restaurants in Tulum
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, Seafood, Spanish
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: We love beer and fresh seafood!!
MO
“How did I miss this”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

I am so glad we finally got to try this place. Not only is it clean, but it's a nice large open air restaurant with good wait staff too. They serve you four different sauces, all very good, but not too hot. The ceviche is the best my husband has ever had, and that is many...medio...$94 pesos. I had the shrimp soup and it was the best I have ever had down here, and we have been coming here for over 30 years. Beware that it is steaming hot, and also very spices. I had tears running down my face, but I couldn't stop eating it. Can't wait to go back and try something else. Loved it!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Akumalholic

New York City, New York
“Great fish tacos”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

Simple and delicious. We had the "pescado al vapor". Great Mexican sauces. I am still craving for more. Attentive service.

Visited February 2013
Pocatello, Idaho
“One of the Best Meals Around Cancun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

Fresh sashimi tuna tostadas, beautiful whitefish tacos and tostadas and inventive sauces, including a delicious coriander sauce. We were steered here by a nice woman selling necklaces who told us it was the best place in town. She was not lying! The guacamole and chips were amazing and the beer was cold. The restaurant and bathrooms were clean and they had wonderful sinks where you could wash your hands----much needed after the messy, delicious food! If you're there, you need to try it!

• Visited February 2013
Merida, Mexico
“Fresh & Refreshing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

Eric Hartwood introduced us to this recent addition to Tulum Pueblo and now we drop in every time we're in town. Since we live in the Yucatan that means every few months. The food is always fresh and the prices and atmosphere are refreshing.

Visited May 2012
Calgary, Canada
“Oos Aguachiles restaurante”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

There are, of course, quite a few authentic Mexican restaurants in Tulum.
I had a hard time finding it but, it's fantastic. It's on the main street all the way south of town and just before the police stand on your left.I missed it the first time, look for the "SOL" glassbottles wall on the corner. I think they close at 6{30pm. They also have restaurants in Playa.
I would desribe my choices as gourmet tacos. I focused ont he steamed fish (pescado), shrimp (camaron) and smoked tuna (atun) tacos.Dress 'em with one of their house-made ceamy chiptole and enjoy! You can also have them served on a bed of lettuce (no taco shell) Unreal good with a "lemonade natural". The Spanish-speaking staff is very professioanl. Bon apetit*
Just up the road, North one block, is the very popular "El Camello" also delicious and always busy.
Do try the Ceviche, but the mixed (mixto) medium will be enough food for two. The shrimp cocktails are also delicious!

• Visited December 2012