“friendly, safe, attentive, helpful”

La Calypso Dive Center
More attraction details
Owner description: Tulum: famous Mayan city over the turquoise Caribbean sea, idealistic white sand beaches, cenotes…Our diving center caters to exclusive, personal service, far away from large hotel complexes in Cancun and Playa del Carmen. We will take you in small groups to discover cenotes and the Coral Reef. Thanks to our personal and family style services, we can take care of all your needs and provide particular attention to each and every diver.
Reviewed June 14, 2014

I went diving 4 days in a row with Daniel--they were able to accommodate my schedule and dive site preferences perfectly, and all communications before my arrival were clear and responsive. Their equipment was of high quality, and everyone I met from La Calypso was very friendly and professional.

There are newer reviews for La Calypso Dive Center

Reviewed June 3, 2014

We did 4 Cenote dives with La Calypso. They were fantastic! From the start they were super friendly and helpful with all communications and booking. Our guide for all the dives, Bruce was super professional, safety conscious and made us feel totally comfortable throughout, even when I was a little nervous about cavern diving! Their kit is well maintained, good quality and comfortable. Diving in the centres is amazing - if you dive you have try it while in tulum, and if you don't already let la calypso teach you!

Reviewed June 2, 2014

My brother and I did a snorkeling tour with Alex and had an amazing time!! Everyone we met at La Calypso was super nice, welcoming, and made us feel at ease right away. We knew we were in good hands when, right away, they fitted us for the right sized wet suits, fins, etc., and we were on our way. Alex did an amazing job explaining everything to us, teaching us about the cenotes, about sea turtles, about Mexico; his knowledge and respect for the environment were noticeable and contagious right away. The fact that La Calypso focuses on small groups speaks volumes about their wanting to preserve what is naturally so beautiful there. We loved our experience with La Calypso!! It was definitely one of the highlights of our trip to Tulum. We strongly recommend it to everyone!!

Reviewed June 1, 2014

This was my second time using La Calypso and it most definitely wont be my last.
My friends and I just came back from a cenote snorkel adventure with Alex & La Calypso. It was truly one of the most amazing experiences that I've ever had. Alex did a great job of explaining the history of Sac Actun and it's historic relevance.
Since Sac Actun was only recently found, there wasn't a lot of stuff out there for me to look up before hand which made me a little nervous. But it was definitely worth the risk. The cenote made me gasp at it's beauty so many times throughout.
Definitely use La Calypso when visiting Tulum & looking for a snorkel adventure!

Reviewed May 28, 2014

My first fresh water diving experience was with Calypso Dive Center and despite being nervous about diving in caves, my guide Anais made us feel totally safe and we had a great dive. Getting deeeeep into a Cenote is awesome! If you're a diver, definitely do it!