“Great staff - an incredible expirience!”

La Calypso Dive Center
More attraction details
Owner description: Tulum: famous Mayan city over the turquoise Caribbean sea, idealistic white sand beaches, cenotes…Our diving center caters to exclusive, personal service, far away from large hotel complexes in Cancun and Playa del Carmen. We will take you in small groups to discover cenotes and the Coral Reef. Thanks to our personal and family style services, we can take care of all your needs and provide particular attention to each and every diver.
New York, New York, United States
“Great staff - an incredible expirience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

During my vacation in Tulum I completed the PADI Open Water Certification with La Calypso Dive Center. The communication beforehand was excellent, and the staff is friendly and proffessional. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! My dive instructor Ulysess explained everything well and made my dives an unforgettable expirience.

I enjoyed it so much, that once I completed my certification, my boyfriend and I took a diving tour with Nicholas to see the famous Cenotes. a MUST for anyone who comes to Tulum.

La Calypso Dive Center is highly recommended. They are courtious, attentive and their equipments is great.

Visited January 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Sydney, Australia
“Dive the Cenotes with Calypso”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

One of my best dive experiences ever an amazing and unique experience. I dove Angelita and Grand Cenote just awesome.
Guided by Nicholas who is a very experienced and knowledgable guide.Their equipment was excellent and they give a very personal service. I highly recommend them.

Oakland, California
“Diving and Snorkeling with La Calypso was amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

My husband and I went to Tulum for our honeymoon and we were so excited to dive in the cenotes after a few years away from diving. We took the refresh course with Ulysess and we had an amazing time. He was patient, smart and had great customer service. We enjoyed the day that we spent in the Casa cenote. We could not believe the clarity and color of the water and how at ease we felt again scuba diving. We had planned to dive the second day in the Dos Ojos cenote but I came down with a cold and we decided to snorkel. We were impressed with the willingness to accommodate our last minute change. We had Nicolas the owner of the dive shop as our guide for the day. Nico was knowledgeable about the area and shared with us the history of the cenotes and much about the surrounding area. We enjoyed snorkeling in the Dos Ojos and in Akumal Bay with the sea turtles.

We could not imagine a better dive shop to dive and snorkel with in Tulum. We would highly recommend the shop for its excellent customer service, great equipment and awesome guides.

If you are planning to go to Tulum you must book an adventure with La Calypso!

New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Awesome dive with La Calypso”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2012

My family and I spent the morning diving and snorkling Dos Ojos with La Calypso. We had a great time! The dive masters were very experienced and knowledgable. The equipment was in excellent condition. Also, it was very easy to schedule eveything with Helene via email. Will definately use this company again when I'm in the area.

Houston, Texas
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Beyond expectations”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2012

La Calypso organized several trips for us, large and small, diving and snorkeling over our wedding weekend in Tulum. We've spent lots of time in Tulum but few people have impressed us as much as those at La Calypso. Excellent equipment, great customer service, high safety standards, and the best guides. They also went out of their way to accommodate our needs/wants. Helene and Nicolas are the best! We won't dive with anyone else in Tulum!