“Best Idea Ever!!!”

La Calypso Dive Center
More attraction details
Owner description: Tulum: famous Mayan city over the turquoise Caribbean sea, idealistic white sand beaches, cenotes…Our diving center caters to exclusive, personal service, far away from large hotel complexes in Cancun and Playa del Carmen. We will take you in small groups to discover cenotes and the Coral Reef. Thanks to our personal and family style services, we can take care of all your needs and provide particular attention to each and every diver.
Reviewed October 19, 2012

First off, the prompt and informative email from Helene was great! Not only did she give me all the information I needed, she gave me more. She helped me with getting from the Cancun airport to Tulum, and also helped me find a place to stay while I was there. Then there was Nico. That guy is just awesome. I dove 4 separate days, and except the first day, it was just him and I. He was so appreciative of my business, he helped me out on the price. He was very informative on the arean, and obviously the cenotes. Every day after we dove, we would pick a random lunch place in town and go and eat. I even got to meet his son. He just made me feel like I was an old friend who came back into town for a week to say hi. I would definitely recommend diving with his company!!!))) I had never been in cenotes, and because of this experience, I will always want to see more! Thanks Nico and Helene!

All reviews
"beautiful cenote"
in 78 reviews
in 25 reviews

Reviewed October 18, 2012

We just went diving with Nico and he was great! Very sweet and knowledgeable. Took us on two reef dives and Gran Cenote.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

We found La Calypso Dive Center on Tripadvisor - After we emailed, we received a prompt and informative response from Helene. Both of us are experienced divers (Divemasters) and we are a bit sceptical of dive outfits abroad as some of them have no regard for safety! Nicolas was friendly and approachable. He went through both dive sites with us ensuring that we knew what was going to happen on each dive (max depth, time etc). Nicolas told us before the first dive - Angelita Cenote that it would rank in the top 5 all time favourite dives...and man he was right!! It was breathtaking and surreal - we felt as if we werent underwater at times but we were!!

I would highly recommend La Calypso Dive Center to all, As its a fairly new company they have excellent interpersonal skills and the groups are kept small. There was just us two plus Nicolas. We were gutted to have to leave immediately due to unfortunate circumstances but definitely will be using La Calypso when we return to Tulum!!!

Thanks Helene and Nicolas! :)

Reviewed September 30, 2012

I found La Calypso through reviews on Trip Advisor and was impressed with the reviews and web page. I e-mailed through the site and was immediately contacted by Helene who provided good information and booked our dives. I'm an experienced diver, but my husband had never dove before. Being in Tulum for our honeymoon and wanting to dive, he was able to dive Casa Cenote as his discover and I with him as my refresher. Nicolas gave excellent instruction and had my husband actually diving and enjoying himself within a short time. Diving a mangrove cenote was also beautiful and interesting for me, despite the ease and shallow depth of the dive and my experience. We were even able to spend some time diving through a short cave area requiring dive lights, which is always enjoyable to me and was an amazing experience for him. Also, given he took the time to take just the two of us - I was particularly greatful given this is a rare treat among dive operations. I then proceeded to dive Dos Ojos on another day with Nicolas and 2 other people. I enjoyed the detail Nicolas gave of the area, and felt very safe diving in this environment - not to mention Dos Ojos was an amazing experience. The water is crystal clear, and the formations are beautiful, plentiful, and intact. My husband was able to snorkel with another snorkeler, and he had a great time doing this as well. This was an amazing experience, due in special part to La Calypso Dive Center. In addition, the rental equipment, including a 5 mm wetsuit and lights, was of good quality and included in the dive price which is a nice perk and essential in the cenote environment. Whether a snorkeler, looking for a refresher, looking to try diving, looking for certification, or highly experienced, I highly recommend this operation and would dive with them again upon returning to Tulum.

See more reviews
Reviewed September 28, 2012

When I emailed Helene she responded to me immediately and was able to organise a cenote tour for my friend and me for the next day! Nicolas (her husband) picked us up on time, took us to get breakfast because we hadn't eaten, fitted us out with the proper snorkeling gear and drove us to the cenote telling us the history of how the cenotes came about. He was super talkative and very entertaining! The cenote tour was completely amazing and was definitely the highlight of our trip in Mexico. Nicolas let us take as much time as we wanted and was a great guide. Afterwards he took us out for lunch to an awesome taco stand, stopped by the convenience store so we could buy snacks (it was pouring down rain and he thought we should stock up in case we couldn't leave our hotel!) and then dropped us back to our room. He went above and beyond our expectations! Couldn't have asked for a better day!