All reviews beach road beach club other hotels beach is lovely a garden view room guacamole beach furniture ocean front sian ka'an beach service rooms are basic rental car tulum hotel restaurant staff palm trees low season laid back
Selected filters
Reviewed February 28, 2019

So wonderful to be greeted by Javier at the front desk who let us know that Umberto, the manager was also here. We saw them last when we stayed at Viento Del Mar back in 2016. We were delighted that they were/are now working at Rosa Del Viento and we knew immediately we had made the right choice. The manager, Umberto has a talent for finding and maintaining wonderful staff who are ebullient and that make the extra effort to ensure the guest is more than satisfied. Our rooms were well cleaned every day. The waiters, Cielo, Aaron, Jesus and others were always gracious and helped with food choices. Rosa del Viento is located south on the beach and is quiet with no unwanted music blasting. Just the sound of the surf. Rosa del Viento provides information and booking for interesting excursions and will help hail a cab if you need. We will certainly be returning to Rosa del Viento sooner than later. *Please note I may have misspelled names and if so lo siento.

Date of stay: February 2019
1  Thank scoutabout
Humberto M, Gerente at Rosa del Viento, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. Iam very happy to hear that our staff made your feel at home. This really one of the things that we try to maintain in our hotel.
Hoping to see you again soon

bets regards

Reviewed February 20, 2019

We return each year to this great place. From its humble beginning, Rosa has provided good food and drinks on the better part of Tulum beach and well away from the larger tourist traps. Their seafood is still great and absorbing the fresh sea breeze while enjoying a cleansing ale or other beverages, is so relaxing. Driving to the location is an experience in itself and we have noted the increased tourist facilities over the years. In other words, go before it is priced over the top!

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank terryo_11

Dear Guest

Thank you for making our hotel your second home when you are in Tulum. Your continued patronage of our hotel is sincerely appreciated and we hope to be part of your future trips.

Reviewed February 6, 2019 via mobile

We stayed at the Rosa Del Viento In 2017 and it was wonderful!!! We returned the following year to see this once beautiful beach ruined with seaweed. The Rosa Del Viento is a great hotel with wonderful staff who obviously have no control over the nasty seaweed problem in Tulum. The only downside to this hotel is the very long drive back and fourth from town.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Phillipa

Thank you for staying with us again. We aprciate your loyalty and your continued trust in our Hotel and our staff.
Let us know ahead of time and we will keep you informed of the arrival of seaweed

Reviewed January 26, 2019 via mobile

A beautiful, tidy, and well-cared-for property with bright, spacious cabin rooms complete with a little porch with seating and a hammock. I watched the sunrises and an impressive rainstorm from there very happily. I was luckily beachfront (cabin 3) merely 4 steps from the pristine (!) beach, where two massage tables and plenty of seating options looked welcoming. Clean, pretty, rooms, with deliciously comfy bed with plenty of pillows. I was so happy, I can’t tell you! The soap smells like bubblegum. There is a cascade shower and fluffy white towels. It is the southern-most hotel on the strip, so it’s on a slightly quieter part of the beach without all the extra foot traffic, but still plenty of action and people to connect with if you wanted, just up the beach 2-10 minutes. It is also well-enough located for those seeking shopping and access to other high-end hotels, restaurants, day beach clubs, during high season. Probably a 15 or so minute walk up the road or beach for either. Warm and helpful staff; I felt valued and seen when I was looking for something. They went out of their way to make my stay a good one - attentive service on the beach, at the bar, at breakfast, etc. And yummy beach snacks, the best guacamole I had on the beach in a couple weeks. After a super disappointing stay in a well reviewed hotel that I found dark, damp, alienating, loud, and unwelcoming (ehem, Amansala) - Rosa Del Viento was the relaxing saving grace hotel experience of my trip. I saw plenty of bicycles for rent and openly displayed options for day tours at reception, but I didn’t explore either, as I was just there to chill for a few final days. They even had ATMs on site (USD and Pesos) which was useful in an emergency despite the high fee. I am returning to Tulum for a wedding in a couple months and I would absolutely stay here again based on this experience. I have found many spots in Tulum simply don’t live up to BASIC service expectations of politeness, respect, and attentiveness. I was very pleased with all aspects here, on top of the accommodations themselves and the beach. :)

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank MVPv2

Dear guest.

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback about your stay at our hotel. We are glad that you found our location convenient. We truly appreciate your kind words about our staff. It´s definitely a boots for us every time we hear positive reviews such as this.
We hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon!

bets regards

Reviewed January 20, 2019

We came to this resort to use the Beach Club and had lunch there beforehand. Quite rightly there is a minimum amount of spending in their facility to be able to use the beach loungers.

The beach is beautiful and the loungers are comfortable.

The restaurant was okay. The staff were somewhat aloof and not particularly friendly. I also think they need to know how to make a proper Margarita!! Not all foreign travellers are taken in by a fake Margarita but after extensive travel within Mexico and somewhat of an expert on the best Margaritas (!), this was very sub standard. Don't try to pull the wool over our eyes - It was more like a lime juice cocktail with no flavour whatsoever.

The food was okay but nothing special. We liked the pizza base on the pizza we had and certainly the food being served around us looked good.

The hotel did look like a beautiful place to stay!

Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Humberto M, Gerente at Rosa del Viento, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2019

Dear Lisa

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with such detailed feeback about your visit. I am very sorry to hear that several things througout your visit did not meet your expectations. Please note that your concerns have been passed on to our food and beverage manager. We do hope you give us another chance as we will definitely improve our services.