All reviews last hotel on the strip beach road other hotels garden view room speed bumps beach is lovely salt water beach furniture sian ka'an ocean front nature reserve beach service guacamole italian food hotel zone breakfast was included beach club
Reviewed August 23, 2018

Very nice hotel, well blended with the surroundings. The staff was friendly and always ready to help. Good customer service. Highly recommended for a nice vacation, in touch with nature and away from the busy cities.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ram0na82
Humberto M, Gerente at Rosa del Viento, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear Ram

Thank you for taking time to review your stay with us. Iam very happy to hear that our staff made you feel at home. This is really one of the thingns that we try to maintain in our Hotel. Hoping to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 7, 2018

Beautiful, spacious resort. Best AC in Mexico! (quiet). Soft beds. Quiet. Elegant rooms with lovely balcony and hammock. It's at the end of the strip, so it's very peaceful.

Very friendly staff (especially Gerardo) and great service. Good breakfast variety.

The whole area of Tulum has a terrible seaweed/sargassum problem at the moment. This isn't any hotel's fault (and RDV pays someone to clear it up every day) but the sea is brown and murky, NOT turquoise!. There are fun things to do locally (eg swim in cenotes) but if you are a really beachy person, or have little children who need to be in shallow water (ie where the sargassum is worst) it's worth researching this, as there is no swimming pool.

The restaurant is fine (earlier reviews were a bit harsh) - lovely big windows and lots of open areas for breezes to come in.

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lucymarianne
Reviewed August 7, 2018

I really enjoyed my 3 days at this resort. The staff were very friendly and the room was very comfortable and spacious. The beach bar is a great. I liked that it was situated at the quiet end of the strip but be aware that its a couple of kms to the cool bars.
As the other reviews have picked up the water in the shower is a bit brackish, but I didn't find this an issue.
There isn't a pool, and while the sea is great, the Sargassum issue might make that an issue in the future.
All in all a great little place.

Stayed: July 2018
Reviewed June 28, 2018 via mobile

Located at the very end of the beach road, Rosa del Viento is favorite for locals and tourist alike. We love the laid back vibe, great drink selection, and delicious food...especially the chicken and veggie skewers!! Very reasonable prices. Truly, a wonderful way to spend the day:)

Stayed: May 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank TulumTalk I
Humberto M, Gerente at Rosa del Viento, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2018

Tulumtalk

Our locations is definitely one of the things we are very proud of, I'm happy that you enjoyed your stay and I'm looking forward to having you again in our hotel.

Reviewed June 26, 2018

Staying at Rosa Del Viento, Tulum was honestly like paradise on earth. I've never been anywhere quite like Tulum – it still has the "untouched" feel and I kind of wanted to keep it my little secret as a lot of people haven't visited there.

The hotel is located along the main strip of hotels in Tulum. It's right down the other end (so closer to Sian K'aan but it isn't too far at all to walk and takes around 30 mins in total to get from start to end. There are lots of other hotels along this strip and also lots of restaurants and bars. Tulum has a very chilled vibe so everywhere is extremely relaxed.

Staying in Rosa Del Viento feels like you are staying right in the middle of the jungle. It is situated right on the beach and has sandy floors, hammocks, palm trees, wooden balconys etc. The rooms are extremely clean (and cleaned each day).

You can rent bikes from the reception desk so you can explore Tulum without the need of a car. We rode to the mayan ruins, then into town, then back to the hotel and the whole thing in total was around 30km.

There is so much to do in Tulum itself, you can climb the Mayan Ruins, go to the cenotes (underwater caves) and some of them are 30 meters deep if you like scuba diving – but that's too dangerous for me or you can zip-line over the jungle. It's also only about an hour away from Playa Del Carmen and 2 hours away from Cancun if you wanted to do a week in each.

We went to a bar in Tulum town one evening and they had mariachi men singing "La Bamba" to us whilst we drunk our cocktails, or there's a cocktail bar called Bateys which has live music every night (either rock, regaee etc) it was lovely! I would definitely recommend it.

Instagram: @katykatess

Room Tip: Perfect location - absolute paradise!
  • Stayed: June 2018, traveled as a couple
2  Thank katykatess
Humberto M, Gerente at Rosa del Viento, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2018

Dear Katy

Thank you for your review and for choosing our hotel. I'am happy that you enjoyed your stay and I'am looking forward to having you again as a guest in our hotel.