“Comments on the dining room”
Review of Rosa del Viento

and 1 more site!
Rosa del Viento
Ranked #21 of 96 Hotels in Tulum
San Rafael, California
“Comments on the dining room”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Just spent eleven days on the beach at Tulum. Most, days, I had breakfast at your restaurant. I had dinner there twice. I totally enjoyed eating there and hanging out. The waiters were really sweet and have a great sense of humor. The prices are fair and I never felt ripped off-as I did a t the "upscale" place I stayed. I am recommending your hotel to friends. When I return to Tulum, I shall look into staying here

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Natoma519

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Lawrenceville, New Jersey
Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

I'm writing this review from my patio at this hotel. As most reviews say, it is a wonderful hotel in one of the best locations on the beach. It is not near the other hotels so the stretch of sand is really just for the guests, who lounge on chairs or daybeds or hammocks. The rooms are just what you need to be comfortable and relaxed, with plenty of room and spacious patios. And, there is air conditioning which can be useful, although not necessary all the time. There is an almost constant breeze off of the ocean, so sleeping with the screen door only is fantastic...ocean sounds.

The staff are all very friendly and helpful. I had an issue with a rental car and Eliana at reception took care of it for me, dealing directly with the company because the guy didn't speak English and my Spanish is good but not great.

Food: The restaurant happens to be very, very good. Breakfast was included and it was plenty of food to start the day. On our first night we had dinner here and it really impressed us. The ceviche was honestly one of the best I've ever had, and the entrees of fresh fish and lobster were delicious. It seems that others who eat here agree that they do a solid job on the food.

To sum up, we will definitely come back and would recommend Rosa Del Viento as a top choice in Tulum.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank davidk328
Frankfurt, Germany
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Nice boutique hotel on a fantastic beach with a solid Italian restaurant.

The beach is one of the most beautiful beaches I have seen (not quite like Whitsundays in Australia but definitely competition for the Caribbean beaches). When we were visiting the beach was very clean and empty. Many nice hammocks hang from the palm trees between the houses and sea.

Rooms are relatively basic, but comfortable. As the cottages are directly at the beach sand will be everywhere in the room.

Hotel restaurant served solid Italian food and a basic breakfast. The terrace is very nice, but unfortunately there are very many bugs in the evening and I got stung tens of times during our dinner.

Some construction going on during our stay.

Room Tip: The beach houses right at the beach were great.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Tulum is one of my favorite spots, and I was thrilled to find a great new "home away from home" in Rosa del Viento. I stayed here while attending a wedding down the road at another resort and was thrilled by the wonderful property, great service and picture-perfect beach area.

The casitas themselves are fantastic - large, airy, with huge balconies in every room (and a great ocean view from where I was!). The beds are comfortable, showers are great, and everything feels very clean and new.

The beach area was one of the nicest of all the hotels, with huge comfortable lounge chairs, plenty of palapas for shade, and on-beach service for drinks and food.

I tried breakfast, lunch, dinner and drinks at the restaurant and was super happy with all of them. The menu is nice and broad, and the drinks were great :) Plus, the restaurant has a lovely open-air area which is perfect for enjoying the weather during the day. The waitstaff was incredibly friendly and nice, and prices were reasonable.

A couple of weird service quirks: My room wasn't ready when I arrived at the hotel at the prescribed check-in time (2 pm), there was noisy construction in the room next door when I first arrived (although it was over fairly quickly), and I had to move to another room for my last night because they had placed me in an extra-big room and needed it for a larger group. While all of these incidents were annoying and keep me from giving them five stars, the staff handled it as well as possible (including a personal chat with the owner, Massimo) and were very friendly and professional despite the inconvenience.

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean view!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed February 22, 2013

We were staying next door but used Rosa del Viento for their bar and restaurant daily. The food and drinks were decent and relatively affordable. The staff was incredible, including the servers Lucio and Jose (Manuel). We were there over Valentines Day and had a really nice dinner that included 4 courses and a bottle of wine for $100 per couple. A very good deal for how much food we got. I didn't stay in the cabañas, but they looked nice. The beach is beautiful with tons of chairs and beds to lay on. You can't go wrong if you stay here.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Napa, California
Reviewed February 6, 2013

My wife and I had a simply fabulous experience at Rosa del Viento on our recent vacation there. Amazing beach, excellent and personal service, delicious food in the restaurant (especially the ceviche, tuna tartare and grilled seafood special) - one of our favorite places of all time and we can't wait to return as soon as possible!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed January 26, 2013

This is a Rosa del Viento restaurant review. We "found" Rosa last year just after they had opened and we fell in love with the location, the food, the servicing staff and the reasonable prices. We returned this year and again tried the restaurant and were impressed that the quality had been maintained. The Owner welcomed us back and that is always a good sign. We usually go for lunch so we can take advantage of the incredible ocean view.

We had the tuna tartare and the vegetable and fish tempura. Both excellent. Drinks are generous and reasonably priced. The number of hotel guests suggest that Rosa is doing well and the restaurant service accommodates the increased number of guests.

Worth the walk along the beach just past BTulum.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple