“Great Pizza!”

La Onda
Ranked #102 of 455 Restaurants in Tulum
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Excellent fish and pizza.
Reviewed March 29, 2014

Located across the street from where we stayed - great drinks (a bit pricey) and fantastic pizza (very affordable) made this our go to place during our stay in Tulum. Friendly (and very funny) waitstaff made the dining experience even better! The music entertainment has a lot to be desired but we made our own entertainment while we were there.
Fun place!

Reviewed March 27, 2014

The pizza is really, really good but not the best in the world. The bruschetta, however, is the best in the world. It is truly fantastic. They also make great mojito & have the best waitstaff I experienced in Tulum. Angel remembered what I drank when he greeted us at our second visit, & Edgar is genuinely happy & delightful.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

It's a bold statement but they are very very good. Thin stone baked pizzas, the order was taken and they were at our table in 10 minutes. The pizza bread was thin and crisp and the sauce was fantastic, they were happy to add an extra topping to my Magerita and there was even no added cost :-)

They has a good selection of pastas too, the menu as a whole was reasonably priced. The only thing I didn't like was that when the bill arrived gratuity was already added, I know this practice is common place in some countries and is becoming more widespread but I find it crass and presumptuous. (This is a personal thing and didn't affect my enjoyment of the food).

Reviewed March 22, 2014

We ordered a mojito and margarita. The drinks arrived - the mojito tasted like cherry coke with mint leaves, the margarita was so bitter it was not even drinkable. I saw a customer at the bar trying to explain to the bartender how to fix his drink, I noticed that they ended up leaving. The pizza was decent, nice thin crust, but definitely not the best pizza on earth. I thought the pizza at Om was better with more creative toppings. I would recommend ordering a beer or something from a bottle to drink Who knows, maybe they were having an off night, but it was our most disappointing dinner while in Tulum.

Reviewed March 19, 2014

They have a sign in front saying "The Best Pizza in the World". And I do have to admit, the Pizza is amazing! Maybe not the best in the world but for sure the best in southern Tulum. Fair priced as well. Best price value in the area from my point of view.