“We ate and ate and couldn't spend more than $6!”

Antojitos La Chiapaneca
Ranked #6 of 437 Restaurants in Tulum
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

We ate here twice. The food was amazing and we cannot stop thinking about the tacos and the tortas. I highly recommend the pastor tacos.

Reviewed June 16, 2014

I am a fool for Tacos al Pastor - I can hardly drive past a stand with pastor spinning. If you have or haven't had it - La Chiapeneca is a must try. Tacos al Pastor are a Mexican favorite. I came across this place when I was trying to park in Tulum. It is at the very end of the "strip", clearly frequented by locals. There is a full crew working on prepping food and toppings to order but i stayed true to the pastor. They serve it on piping hot fresh tortillas with fresh pineapple on top and you pick the toppings. I topped out at 4 and a giant fresh juice. My bill = $3.00. What? I share this reluctantly - as it will now be on the "path". Guys, this IS a part of what people come to Mexico to experience and at a "locals" price. They open at 6pm M-Sa and are open until the wee hours. Buen Provecho! :-)

Reviewed May 23, 2014

I've lived 4 months in Mexico and these tacos range among the best I've ever had.

Don't expect anything fancy though. It's a local tacos joint with plastic tables. Simple but truly authentic.

Reviewed May 6, 2014 via mobile

There aren't enough stars for this place!

The tacos are amazingly delicious. It's 7:51 AM and I am wishing they were open right now. In fact, I think I'm going to pull up a chair and sit outside and wait until early evening when they open.

Seriously though, tacos al pastor are incredibly flavored; and the asada is loaded with well flavored beef.

I heeded the warning of the other reviewers and stayed far away from the red salsa!

I can't wait to go back tonight!

1  Thank saladbits
Reviewed May 5, 2014

Stumbled past here by accident and noticed it was pretty full of backpacking type people like ourselves. We ordered heaps of food and a drink each and think it was about 100 pesos for two people. Great value and really yummy! Can recommend the empanadas!