“Great Lunch Cafe”
Review of La Hoja Verde

La Hoja Verde
Ranked #74 of 389 Restaurants in Tulum
Good for: Romantic, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: We are a small cafe & restaurant catering to conscious eaters living in and visiting the Tulum area. We have a vegan menu with certain vegetarian options, which we can adapt to suit your tastes. The atmosphere at La Hoja Verde is relaxed and welcoming, our staff are super friendly and always at your service. We offer travel advice and local tips to friends from all over the world and above all give like-minded people the option of healthy, fresh, delicious food at a reasonable price. Starters, mains, desserts, juices, smoothies, teas and coffee - all freshly made in the cafe. Please spread the good news... Eat consciously, enjoy Mother Earth.
Albany, New York
“Great Lunch Cafe”
Reviewed December 9, 2013 via mobile

Just stopped in while suddenly hungry in town and without first picking on TA, which is unusual for me.

This is a small veg juice bar/cafe with three tables and a counter. The cook/server was a delightful Irish woman that managed to cook, serve, make fresh juice, and chat with 2 tables and five people that all came in at the same time so efficiently.

Salad dressing was unusual and delish. Juices offerings were unique house creations. Lunch for two was less than cocktails in beach zone. Plus a good stop to get the scoop on the beige and tourist scene for us Tulum newbies.

Mexico City, Mexico
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“few! animal friendly food in mexico”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

My partner and I live in Tulum. We are both vegans because of animal rights. We are so happy that hoja verde exists here.Tulum is still lacking in alot of ingredients so it takes alot of work to make veggie or vegan dishes. The dishes availible are very tasty, healthy and satisfying. Its difficul to say what my favorite is but certainly would recomend the home made veggie Burger and the curry. They also have specials which are not on the established menú, i still have fond memories of the veggie chilly mmmm.
Even if your not vegan or vegetarian, you should give these guys a visit, you wont be sorry !!

• Visited February 2013
emerstar, Manager at La Hoja Verde, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Thank you very much for the wonderful review... We are at your service Steve, rosie, Hijo, chikies, blackie and Borego! Welcome anytime!
Tulum
“Cute restaurant downtown Tulum”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

This guys are so sweet and awesome to hang with. They know the town well and can point you in the right direction for all sorts of awesome local stuff.
The food is super delicious

emerstar, Manager at La Hoja Verde, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
THANK YOU GUYS SOOO MUCH for dropping in... I am glad you enjoyed and remember we wil be opening on the 21st of November for High seasonal maddness.
“Best food and service in tulum”
Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

Delicious food and friendliest staff ever! Very good value too and great craic to be had!! Have a cup of coffee and some of Adrian's world famous carrot cake. The falafel is to die for! Thank you Ade and Emer..Hope to come again soon x

emerstar, Manager at La Hoja Verde, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Why thank you very much! Customer service is probably the most important thing to us in this restaurant and we appreciate that you appreciate it!
montreal
“EXCELLENT”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Stopped in with my sister as we had been looking for vegetarian food on our travels through Mexican Yucatan . There were also 2 young ,very nice Australian girls there . We are both British ,and Emer one of the owners is Irish .What a fantastic host and great service she gives .Makes everybody very welcome ,and will serve up a fantastic meal. I had the BEST veggie burger ever !!! It was very light and not too spicy ,as many are. The soya fruit beverage was delicious . I can not speak more highly of this little cafe , and have been dreaming about her food ever since I got back to Puerto Morelos .I wish I could start the same restaurant myself ,as her franchise . Emer ,if you read this , if you ever need a helper ,let me know . I am actually ,not a vegetarian , but eat a lot of veggie food . Will certainly go to Tulum ,just for Emers food .Now I am craving burgers

emerstar, Manager at La Hoja Verde, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
I am absolutely chuffed at this review... thank you very much and you are welcome anytime!