“A 5 all the way around! These guys have it together!”

ProTec Advanced Training Facility
Reviewed December 9, 2012

We happened upon this dive store while driving through Tulum. We made reservations to dive in 2 cenotes a week later. We are very glad we went with this dive store. This is a professional and quality dive store. We talked to Kim when we made our arrangements. He is very knowledgeable about the whole area. We dove with Alvaro from Spain and found him to be a very thorough and professional diver. My husband and I have been diving in many cenotes, but Alvaro took us to 2 we had not yet been in - Pet Cemetary and the Pit. We were the only divers in both of these cenotes. We had both to ourselves. This was partly due to Alvaro just knowing when each might be busier and when divers might not be at those cenotes. What I like best about this operation was that they were so technically capable and safety oriented. I would recommend them highly and look forward to diving with them again!

1  Thank Cindy B
"technical"
"mexico"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed August 6, 2012

Kim Davidson and his staff are some of the best tech divers and instructors we have ever met. The quality of their training is without match and I highly recommend them as cave diving instructors and guides. The dive facility is spotless and their gas mixing is impressive.

1  Thank cmitt
Reviewed July 28, 2012

Very polite and professionally run outfit. I had only one day available because of a family vacation. Did a guided cave dive and had a fantastic time. Exceeded my expectation, and I would return in the future when I can get a little more time. Thanks Kim and Alvaro.

1  Thank Chuck T
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Kim was very welcoming, our diving instructor was very nice, competent and highly qualified! We were really reassured by the very serious security briefing and by the spotless equipment; then, under water, we had really great dives!
Altogether, probably never had such a nice diving experience in the world !

1  Thank rbouteiller
See more reviews
Reviewed December 22, 2011

This dive shop caters to real cave divers and has very professional staff and equipment to make cave diving in Mexico a treat. We dive with rebreathers and they have all the support materials and when I had a faulty breathing hose they had a spare for me. I doubt any shop in Mexico except for Protec Playa (same owners) would have stocked such a specialized part.
Patrick is an excellent cave guide and although I have never hired a guide before he was able to show me some amazing sights I would not have found on my own.
Kim, one of the owners showed us a secret spot for breakfast and had a bite with us but had to leave early. When we went to leave we found he had picked up the tab. Thanks Kim!

1  Thank wedivebc