“Great meals!” 5 of 5 stars

Sale e Pepe
Ranked #28 of 333 Restaurants in Tulum
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Located close to the Tulum ruins, Sale&Pepe is an Italian restaurant that offers the best in Italian food. The menu ranges from a wide variety of pastas, pizzas, calzones, seafood and excellent desserts.
Spartanburg, South Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great meals!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

We stayed at Itour Mexico in Tulum and this restaurant is within the complex and we could walk out of our room and into this fine restaurant. The food was delicious and the service was great.

Visited September 2012

Antigua
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Perfect place for dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

I went with my kids for an holiday and when discovered "Sale e Pepe" we went for dinner every day ! Fabulous pizza, spaghetti with clams, fresh fish ,very good lobster and delicious cakes. I suggest to taste the hot chocolate cake with ice cream. It is ideal for families. It looks like to be in a real italian restaurant, with good wine, nice people and italian atmosphere ....and good price ! There is also free wifi.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank TinaANU
Mentor, Ohio
“Great time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

This restaurant was one of the best places I enjoyed dinner during my wonderful trip to Mexico. The food was fenominal. I tried the pizza and a pasta dish. The pizza was cooked with meat that was very fresh and juicy...the employees were very attentive and were always around to get my table anything we needed. The only complaint I have is that once my vacation ended so did the opportunity to go to sale e pepe and enjoy their food/service on a more consistent basis..

• Visited July 2012
Mexico City
“Just OK.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012 via mobile

Service is fast and the owner shares some very nice suggestions. Antipasto was good. Pizzas are ok, a bit dry if I must say so.
My advice would be to stick with pizzas, pastas are not the best. They need to work on sauces to avoid tasting like Barilla's.
Not even parmiggiano to add, nothing. Beef is acceptable. For pastas def try Posada Margherita.

2 Thank mrsregino
Munich, Germany
“Awesome!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

Best food during our stay in Tulum and even better than in most places in Italy itself! Great service and great food! The pizza and the pasta dishes are equally good. Also the appetizers (we had the octopus carpaccio) are delicious. You have to try the "pasta arragosta", it tastes heavenly! We had to go back to eat it again. The italian owner is vey nice as well. Go for it, a must try while in Tulum!

• Visited June 2012