“delicious steak”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed May 26, 2014

If you are fun of steak, you deffinitelly must visit El Asadero. The best choice is dish recommended in menu.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,111)

Reviewed May 19, 2014 via mobile

We had dinner here three nights in a row, that good it was! It is a litle bit more expensive than some other restaurants in Tulum, but it is totally worth it! The food is execellent and portion size is terrific! They also bring you fresh salsas (not to spicy but full of flavour) and they will keep bringing more salsas as long as you want. The service is also execellent. Later in the evening there might be some line, but it is worth the wait. Would definetly recommend this restaurant!

Reviewed May 15, 2014

El Asadero is short three-block walk off Ave Tulum with unexpectedly upscale ambiance.

Service is spectacular and European-style. Even when I spilled a full glass of red wine all over myself the staff was quick to get me enough towels to clean myself up!

The menu runs the full price gamut from wonderful Mexican beef steaks to tacos. So it's priced affordably for all in your group.

I highly recommend El Asadero for when you have your beef craving.

Reviewed May 7, 2014

This small joint is located a bit off the main street, meaning it's not something you stumble upon. Open kitchen (always nice), and outdoor seating. We were recommended by the dive shop. And although we rarely visit the same restaurants twice when we're travelling (we like to try things), we went here for our last supper, and boy we're happy we did!

I always start off with the food, since it is the most important. Apart from great steaks (asadero means steak apparently) you can get great tacos with a small but satisfying choices of filling. Meaning you can venture out of your comfort zone. Meals are prepared with lots of heart and we were delighted by the result. Steaks were juicy and tacos solid. Service was prompt, and although it's not michelin quality, the friendliness and warmness was more than enough. We felt treated and were very comfortable.

All in all, for what you're paying, you're getting a real treat and an authentic meal with great service.

Highly recommended!

Reviewed May 5, 2014

We were recommended this restaurant by the owner of the hotel that we were staying at in Tulum, so we thought we'd give it a go. I think it's fair to say that we probably wouldn't have stumbled across the restaurant if we hadn't gone out of our way to find it, as it's not on the main road where most of the other bars and restaurants are, but it's not far from there and is definitely worth walking a little bit further for.

My husband is a keen carnivore so he chose the steak (which he loved!), but as a non-meat eater I wasn't sure how well I'd get on there. The waiter was extremely helpful though and recommended the roasted cactus with vegetables and cheese, which was delicious. The homemade dessert was very tasty too, as was the house wine that we had (red).