“Breathtaking Cenotes and Most Knowledgeable Dive Staff”
Review of Scuba Tulum

Scuba Tulum
More attraction details
Owner description: Cavern and cave diving on the best cenote in mexico. PADI courses from Discovery to Divemaster. Ocean dive in the beautifull caribbean see.
“Breathtaking Cenotes and Most Knowledgeable Dive Staff”
Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

We heard that if you come to Mexico you have to do a Cenote dive, that it was a must see. My husband is a little claustrophobic and had some concerns. We happen to be walking past Scuba Tulum's dive shop and stopped in. We ended up talking with Marina, the owner, for quite sometime. She was extremely knowledgeable and really made my husband feel comfortable by showing us the detailed Cenote maps. She even let us take her Steve Gerrard cenote book home so we can read up on Cenote diving.

She recommended Dos Ejos and Grand Cenote for our dives based on our comfort level. We met her and Brenda our dive guide the next morning at Dos Ejos Cenote. My husband expressed some concerns that he didn't feel comfortable and wanted to abandon the dive. Marina took the time to explain and show in more detail additional inside pictures of the cenotes and show how open they were to the sun light. The two we did had very few areas that were not open in a short distance. He decided to do the dive and was so glad he did.

Marina and Brenda are so nice and knowledgeable. They really made us feel comfortable and if there were any concerns or issues, we could stop the dive. They are extra cautious and overly safe with their dives and gear they carry. We got a thorough briefing and a tour of the cenote and surrounding area before we did the actual dive. It was very informative.

This dive shop and staff are top notch! Glad we did the dives and buy the photos at the end, they are incredible and very affordable. The photo outfit actually throws in pics from their cenote library if you buy all your dive photos which are $40 USD. We got between 8-10 photos of us going through the cenote, so this is great value!

• Polish first
Denver, Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Cenote was disappointing”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

While the folk at Scuba Tulum were very pleasant and professional, the cenote was a let down. Few freshwater fish and lots of brown algae. So shallow that we had a hard time not either surfacing or hitting the bottom. They took us to their favorite cenote and assured us that it would be spectacular. Sadly it wasn't.

Visited January 2013
2 Thank David A
London
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“GREAT experience, very professional team and best dives in Tulum area!”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

I went to Tulum to get my Open Water certification end of October and was looking for a PADI accredited diving shop. I chose to go with Scuba Tulum based on my friend’s recommendation (she lives there). Paolo and Marina are the most friendly people and are both really passionate about diving! They know everything about the region and will take you to the best diving spots. As part of my Open Water, we went to Cenote Manati and to a few diving spots in the coral reef like la Ballena and los Coquitos. It was absolutely stunning and very safe. For more experimented divers they also take you to deeper diving spots and cavern dives.
They speak Spanish, English, French, Italian and German and communication by email has been really smooth. Marina has kindly responded to all the questions I had before my arrival.
Overall, a fantastic experience, and just behind their shop you also have a very nice courtyard with a couple of restaurant/coffee shops serving very good food for after diving munchies!

Visited October 2012
1 Thank MariaGraciaLondon
Houston, Texas
50 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Awesome Cenote Experience”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

An unforgettable excursion. We went on our first cave/cenote dive with Scuba-Tulum based on recommendations from friends in Cozumel. While our day started with a myriad of challenges that delayed our arrival (impromptu travel from Cozumel to Tulum can be interesting for the uninitiated), the folks at Scuba Tulum were very accommodating and professional.

Roxy was an excellent dive guide that went out of her way to ensure we had a memorable experience. My wife and I were both awe-struck by the natural beauty of these caverns. The only downside was the lack of proper lighting for video (my flood failed on previous dives). This makes a return visit a must - and we will certainly go through Scuba-Tulum again.

Visited November 2012
Jackson, Wyoming
“Life altering experience”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

After reading other reviews on trip advisor I decided to finish my open water certification with Scuba Tulum. Having lived/worked in a tourist based economy for the last 11 years I can attest to how much the people and their service makes or breaks a business. Beyond being extremely professional, knowledgable and amiable: Paolo proved to be a teacher that was more than happy taylor my open water dives to my learning curve. He also scheduled around my friend's wedding events and was a pleasure to get to know.

After completing my certification, I did a final dive in the Grand Cenote with Marina. This dive is not to be missed if you are down there. Marina went well out of her way to not only show us the special features of the cavern, along with the different fish, turtles, bones, bats, etc., but she made the effort to educate us on it.

I NEVER write reviews but I was compelled to write this because the folks at Scuba Tulum really made an impact on me and introduced me to something that I want to do for the rest of my life in a low stress, happy learning situation.

One note on location. I had a hard time with my iPhone map, so to find the store...if you are heading south on the highway that runs through town go past the round-a-bout and on the second square of Tulum Centro on the left hand (east) side is the dive shop.

Visited October 2012