“Awesome Cenote Experience”
Review of Scuba Tulum

Scuba Tulum
More attraction details
Owner description: Cavern and cave diving on the best cenote in mexico. PADI courses from Discovery to Divemaster. Ocean dive in the beautifull caribbean see.
Houston, Texas
57 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Awesome Cenote Experience”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

An unforgettable excursion. We went on our first cave/cenote dive with Scuba-Tulum based on recommendations from friends in Cozumel. While our day started with a myriad of challenges that delayed our arrival (impromptu travel from Cozumel to Tulum can be interesting for the uninitiated), the folks at Scuba Tulum were very accommodating and professional.

Roxy was an excellent dive guide that went out of her way to ensure we had a memorable experience. My wife and I were both awe-struck by the natural beauty of these caverns. The only downside was the lack of proper lighting for video (my flood failed on previous dives). This makes a return visit a must - and we will certainly go through Scuba-Tulum again.

Visited November 2012

• Polish first
Jackson, Wyoming
“Life altering experience”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

After reading other reviews on trip advisor I decided to finish my open water certification with Scuba Tulum. Having lived/worked in a tourist based economy for the last 11 years I can attest to how much the people and their service makes or breaks a business. Beyond being extremely professional, knowledgable and amiable: Paolo proved to be a teacher that was more than happy taylor my open water dives to my learning curve. He also scheduled around my friend's wedding events and was a pleasure to get to know.

After completing my certification, I did a final dive in the Grand Cenote with Marina. This dive is not to be missed if you are down there. Marina went well out of her way to not only show us the special features of the cavern, along with the different fish, turtles, bones, bats, etc., but she made the effort to educate us on it.

I NEVER write reviews but I was compelled to write this because the folks at Scuba Tulum really made an impact on me and introduced me to something that I want to do for the rest of my life in a low stress, happy learning situation.

One note on location. I had a hard time with my iPhone map, so to find the store...if you are heading south on the highway that runs through town go past the round-a-bout and on the second square of Tulum Centro on the left hand (east) side is the dive shop.

Visited October 2012
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Perfect”
Reviewed August 15, 2012 via mobile

We did our 4 referral dives for the open water there. Tremendously nice staff, fluent in English, french and Spanish from what I can testify.

High security, good equipment, nice prices and with one extra free dive...

Highly recommended

San Francisco, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“An affordable, professional, friendly & caring service!”
Reviewed May 18, 2012

I completed my Tropical Referral Open Water Diver Certification with Marina & Paolo at Scuba Tulum. Their price of $220 to complete 4 open water dives was very reasonable compared with other dive schools that were recommended by my guidebook. I am so happy I chose Scuba Tulum. I did two dives at Casa Cenote and two more on the reef; I saw lots of fish, crabs, lobsters, and (especially at Casa Cenote) beautiful rocks and light in the clear water. Marina and Paolo were very professional and made the entire experience relaxing and fun. After I finished my certification, Marina and Paola arranged a trip to Dos Ojos Cenote for me and 4 of my friends. Two of my friends are certified divers like me and we did two amazing cavern dives with Paolo. My other two friends are not divers, so Marina and Enrique took them on a snorkeling route through the same caverns at Dos Ojos, and my friends really enjoyed it. Scuba Tulum is a great company and they will do everything to make you feel comfortable and welcome -- even if you are a little afraid at first, Marina and Paolo will make sure you are safe and happy by the end!

Visited May 2012
1 Thank marinajavor
Brighton
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Great scuba experience”
Reviewed March 29, 2012

Me and my buddy did our open water scuba with Scuba Tulum. Paolo and Marina were fantastic throughout. Our first two lessons were with Marina at casa cenote (which is a beautiful place to learn) and she was very nice and showed us all sorts (whilst teaching us the skills) including a croc, blue crabs and some small flat fish hiding in the sand. We then went for a dive in the ocean which was with Paolo and he was very understanding when my friend got sea sick - he let us do our second dive of the day back at casa cenote so we could complete the course. They even threw in a cavern dive once we had passed the exam and all we had to pay was the entry. Overall the experience was very professional and they allowed us to dictate the pace of the course!

Visited March 2012